3 replies to this topic

#1 xe` OFFLINE  

xe`

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Local time: 05:30 AM

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:45 AM

Music appears to have no Media Info stats at all whereas video has a extreme detail.

e.g.

Title480p H264
CodecH264
.... and often 50+ more fields of info.

Music.... nada

To highlight my point try and use the web interface to determine something as simple as if an audio track is a mp3 or a flac

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 149390 posts
  • Local time: 12:30 AM

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:24 AM

Hi there, where would you like to see this?

#3 xe` OFFLINE  

xe`

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Local time: 05:30 AM

Posted 16 February 2020 - 05:12 AM

There is no direct equivalent view for individual music tracks as there is currently for TV episodes or movies i.e. clicking on a music track doesn't give you a page view dedicated for that track as you get for videos. As such there is no immediate place to locate Media Info to match the current design layout.

Thinking about this carefully and paying attention to what we have in place currently I think it might be worth considering adding a "File Info" right click option.

This would allow for a page dedicated to metadata and file related information and would lend itself better to other content such as picture as well. There would be no real need to remove what it already in place for videos as that layout is intuitive but for elegance you may want to consider it.

This also has the advantage of hiding away all this detail which is noise to many (most?) users whilst allowing the "File Info" to be as verbose as you like catering for power users.

Note: I am not sold on the "File Info" name as it assumes everything is a file e.g. streams. "Detailed Info" might be a better term.

Edited by xe`, 16 February 2020 - 05:20 AM.

• jlambie likes this

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 149390 posts
  • Local time: 12:30 AM

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:42 PM

Yes that potentially work. Thanks for the feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users