Emby Theatre not full screen when powering off/on HDMI connected screen

Mbedford

blumamba

I never had to do any of that.  The short cut is in the start up folder and is set to maximized. Still a no go.  The app will not even launch at start up now at all and must be launched manually.  It I launch manually it will maximize.  The app is set to start up but still will not do so.  unchecked restarted and rechecked restarted and still a no go.

blumamba

I never programed the Harmony for a shortcut.  I only use the HTPC for Emby.  So I start up the pc and Emby (used to) launch with the "start up with windows) checked.  Now it does not at all.  So until it starts up automatically with windows I cant confirm the window sizing issues has resolved.  

WalBob

I had the same original problem with a dedicated Emby Theater PC connected via HDMI to an amplifier. Every time I turned off the AMP and downstream monitor, the EBMY Theater screen size would shrink. As I controlled Emby Theater with an MCE remote, this was frustrating.

The fix for me was to edit main.js located in .....Emby-Theater\system\electronapp

I opened main.js using notepad. From the menu, I did 'Edit'... 'Find' and searched for '720'. Doing this I found two references (minWidth/minHeight) and (windowOptions.width/windowOptions.height)

I changed both of these to my screens native resolution of 1920 (width) x 1080 (height) and this resolved the issue for me using an MCE remote. This was on v3.0.11. 

If the client updates, I will have to make this change again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
blumamba

Thanks WalBob.  I will try this but now the app wont install so I cant do anything at this point.  It was brought up in another thread.