Allow Emby's access to specific folders which are not opened to "Guest"

qyy920

Hi all,

I've encountered an obstacle when I tried to allow Emby's access to one folder where all my surveillance videos are stored in. By default it is set to "deny all" for "everyone", and "allow all" for administrator accounts (being a big family that is just me---the tech guy ;p---who use the administrator accounts). Same thing apply to a few other folders too, like movies with violence scenes, I store them separately so my kids could only access to movies on NAS that I want them to access to. Currently Emby is only used by myself on my main computer. 

When using smb/afp I can access to these authenticated folders with no issue. But when using Emby I cannot seem to grant access to these folders even though I've set user "embysvr"'s permission to "allow all". I think Emby is using a different username when it tries to access media folders, no?

So my question is, is there a way for my Emby to access these folders without giving other users in the subnet this permission?

Much appreciated?

FrostByte

I'm using Synology Surveillance Center which automatically created a shared folder called "surveillance" on Volume 1 where the rest of my Emby media resides.  All I had to do is give embysvr read/write permissions to that shared folder and all is good.  Videos automatically show up in the Emby library that I created.  

My son who doesn't even have an account on my NAS can still view my surveillance videos because the user embysvr is accessing the files.  As long as he has access to the library within Emby he is good.

I'm no Unix expert though, so if your folder is located elsewhere and not shared there may be more to it..