How to automatically upmix stereo (and anything less than 5.1) to 5.1?

pmac

I guess the question to ask would be, do you want the higher frequencies?

That I'm not sure yet. I'll have to do some testing when I can really crank it up loud.

I do find that when watching regular tv or whatever when I'm just using my small sub it does feel like it "fills in the gaps" where my large subs tend to not do anything, which makes certain shows or scenes seem too quiet and flat sometimes. It's not too bad when I've got all three subs powered up, because my large subs really shake things in the low frequencies, but I feel like I should be able to get away with not using the little powered sub, and I can maybe use that in the basement or something where I don't have a decent sub, if I can get the big subs filling in the blanks between my main channels and LFE that my little sub has been filling in for up to this point.

Guest asrequested

Well, then try setting them to full range, and listen to what they do. You can also try using the surround filter and adjust the cut-offs. Something like this:

af=surround:lfe_low=80

Here're the options:

5e48e1242bbcf_Annotation20200215222752.j

Well, then try setting them to full range, and listen to what they do. You can also try using the surround filter and adjust the cut-offs. Something like this:

af=surround:lfe_low=80
Here're the options:

5e48e1242bbcf_Annotation20200215222752.j

Awesome, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!

ryanfinger

So one of this biggest problems I have in switching from media center to Emby is the vast variance in volume from channel to channel on live TV. Does the content of this thread relate to this problem or is that a separate issue?

Guest asrequested

So one of this biggest problems I have in switching from media center to Emby is the vast variance in volume from channel to channel on live TV. Does the content of this thread relate to this problem or is that a separate issue?

You need to describe exactly what you're referring to.

Edited by Doofus