Not detecting part B movie file

januaryabc

januaryabc

I have got a pair of video files, one for part A and one for part B and named as follows :

e.g. 

movie001 A.mp4

movie001 B.mp4

They are with other tons of movie files under the same general folder. The library is set up as home video. I have read through the file stacking section and verified that it only work if a separate folder is set for each movie with suffix like " - part 1" is used.  I don't want to mess up with creating all the folders for each movie and so I intent emby will still be able to show them as two separate movie even file stacking is not functioning for such case. But emby just refuse to recognise the part B file (i.e. only part A file is shown in the library after library scan).  Is it a bug that has been reported by someone for fixing already? I am on the latest version of emby for windows 10.

Edited by januaryabc

januaryabc

Hi there, why do you feel it's not detected? Where are you looking for it?

Only movie001 A is shown in the library, but movie001 B is missing.

januaryabc

Can you show a screenshot of the movie detail screen?

5e421d25c993b_mediainfo.png

And BCDP103 B.mp4 , which is in the same directory in fact, is not found in emby library.

Edited by januaryabc

Happy2Play

5e421d25c993b_mediainfo.png

And BCDP103 B.mp4 , which is in the same directory in fact, is not found in emby library.

I would assume this is the structure issue.  Pretty sure file stacking requires a same named folder.

Examples:

C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\fake_movies\BCDP103\BCDP103 A.mkv
C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\fake_movies\BCDP103\BCDP103 B.mkv

I had no issue.

5e422238485ef_test.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

januaryabc

I would assume this is the structure issue.  Pretty sure file stacking requires a same named folder.

Examples:

C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\fake_movies\BCDP103\BCDP103 A.mkv
C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\fake_movies\BCDP103\BCDP103 B.mkv

I had no issue.

5e422238485ef_test.jpg

I also tested that if a separate folder is used to hold that A and B movies, Emby's file stacking is functioning as your screen shown. But the problem is if the folder structure is not in such case, emby will even not having the movie B as a separate movie in the library. So there is no way to access movie B.

Happy2Play

File stacking has always been that way.  The client should play A then B, there has really never been a option to directly play B that I am aware of but have only ever done testing.  

If you want a option to play either or then you are better off using the multi-version naming.

januaryabc

Does it mean that if file stacking is not functioning due to non compliance to the folder structure, the movie b , or movie with similar wording as the first few digit, would never be shown in library?

I just want the library be able to access movie b whatever it is by file stacking or as a separate movie. But it seems that if file stacking is not functioning then there would be no way to access movie b, is it normal?

Edited by januaryabc

Happy2Play

Does it mean that if file stacking is not functioning due to non compliance to the folder structure, the movie b , or movie with similar wording as the first few digit, would never be shown in library?

I just want the library be able to access movie b whatever it is by file stacking or as a separate movie. But it seems that if file stacking is not functioning then there would be no way to access movie b, is it normal?

What client as you clearly see the additional part in the web client.  But normally you never have direct access to additional parts as is should autoplay.

You want to see both parts then I personally would use multi-version naming.  

Almost all recommendations for media that is broken into parts will be merge the media into one file.

Luke will have to comment on if everything is working with file stacking, but from my perspective it is.

januaryabc

What client as you clearly see the additional part in the web client. But normally you never have direct access to additional parts as is should autoplay.

You want to see both parts then I personally would use multi-version naming.

Almost all recommendations for media that is broken into parts will be merge the media into one file.

Luke will have to comment on if everything is working with file stacking, but from my perspective it is.

In my case movie B could not be shown in client . Neither as additional part nor autoplay after movie A nor as a separate movie in library. Edited by januaryabc

januaryabc

So, could you guys tell whether it is the case in your emby library that movie b would not be shown in any way if movie a and several other movie file is in the same folder?

Happy2Play

So, could you guys tell whether it is the case in your emby library that movie b would not be shown in any way if movie a and several other movie file is in the same folder?

Maybe, but only way to test would be knowing specific library layout and existing content to figure out what Emby is doing with your media.

januaryabc

I attached the library screen dump for your reference. It seems that emby will just ignore files ending at B (and possibly at C, D etc, but I have not yet tested them). They also not shown as additional part under movie A.

5e44d07401cb1_embylibrary.png5e44d086c7872_explorer.png

Edited by januaryabc

This will be resolved for the next release. They'll show up as separate videos. To have them grouped together they'll need to be in a sub-folder for each group.