Rollback / Restore

Cthalpa
Go to solution Solved by Cthalpa,

CBers

Is it possible to install previous version from Google Play Store?

No, there's no way of doing that.

Why do you want to ?

Cthalpa

No, there's no way of doing that.

Why do you want to ?

This version crashes/exits every other time you start the emby app, and imho it's slow!

CBers

This version crashes/exits every other time you start the emby app, and imho it's slow!

OK, I am not having that issue and I have been running the BETA version for a while.

I assume you're on the latest Stable, v1.7.78 ?

If you can get the ATV app to open, even if it's slow, can you submit in-apps logs.

You may need to enable DEBUG OPTIONS if you haven't done so already.

See here on how to do this - Debug options are detailed in the section titled "Emby for Android TV/Fire TV and Emby for Roku Logs".

Once @@ebr is online later today, I'm sure he'll help you.

Hi.  Yes, please do as CBers said and send logs.  Also, exactly what version is shown in your settings page?

Cthalpa

Hello.

Its 1.7.78g.

I have just sent the report.
I have attached a video of it, loading almost 30seconds, before crashing, and then loading another 30 seconds, just to start.
After latest update, starting emby on my android TV, takes 30+ seconds, and as I said, crashes every 2-3 times.

emby-crashing.zip

Cthalpa

And theres NO way to revert to older version??

Edit:
And I would just like to say, that I've seen this app behavior before, a few years back, with startup crashes, slow UI and so on, like I am experiencing now - the only difference is that it was Plex back then - and it all began when they started ditching basic/good functionality for better UI.. Is the story perheaps in repeat? :(

I've attached another small video segment of Emby loading on PC, just to show that it's definately not a server issue...
I am aware that ATV is not as fast as a PC, but after new update, its just ridiculous!

comparison.zip

Edited by Cthalpa

CBers

Are you connecting locally, allowing the app to find your server on your network, or are you connecting via Emby Connect?

Cthalpa

Are you connecting locally, allowing the app to find your server on your network, or are you connecting via Emby Connect?

Remotely via direct URL (the server is hosted in a datacenter).

Edit:

If you should so need or wish, I can grant you access to the server and/or Emby as a user, so you can experience it for yourself?

Edited by Cthalpa

Hi. There is a particular call to your server that is taking 30 seconds to respond.  Can we see a server log from when this hapens?

Cthalpa

I have just sent in a report, with 4 crashes in a row, and this is to a new server (desktop PC) on the local network.

Only 50ish titles, and same load time.

Server on local network is running windows 10.

Server on remote network is running ubuntu 19.

I'll check both logs, but as of right now, the ATV app (as far as I am concerned, is useless).

Cthalpa

Update:

The ubuntu server log is pretty much too big to find out anything, how ever since the ATV has the same behavior on the local windows emby server, I could narrow it down.

First entry is from when I stopped a playback:
2020-02-08 15:38:35.863 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app AndroidTv 1.7.78g playing Æblet og ormen. Stopped at 3403327 ms

Then I exit the movie, exit the category and then the ATV app crashes.

Then we see me authenticate several times in row, untill I am finally able to start the app on the ATV:

2020-02-08 15:39:52.894 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://10.10.200.89:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json. UserAgent: Dalvik/2.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 9; BeyondTV Build/PPR1.180610.011)
2020-02-08 15:39:52.895 Info UserManager: Authentication request for stue has succeeded.
2020-02-08 15:40:28.675 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://10.10.200.89:8096/emby/Users/AuthenticateByName?format=json. UserAgent: Dalvik/2.1.0 (Linux; U; Android 9; BeyondTV Build/PPR1.180610.011)
2020-02-08 15:40:28.676 Info UserManager: Authentication request for stue has succeeded.

Then I go to catogory and movie, and start it succesfully without emby crashing:

2020-02-08 15:41:36.666 Info SessionManager: Playback start reported by app AndroidTv 1.7.78g playing Atlantis: Det forsvundne rige. Started at 0 ms

So in a timespan from 15:38 to 15:41 theres 2 crashes and 3 loadtimes with each taking around 30s to load.

As I explained, the behavior is the same on a vanilla windows 10 "server" and a 48core, 150GB RAM, NVME cached, 10G, 20K USD server.
The ATV app crashes more than it starts, and initial loading takes 30+ seconds.

This was not an issue with the previous 2019 ATV release.

I hope the ATV log, that I sent from the TV to you, can be of some help..

All times in the log is CEST / GMT+1 Copenhagen

Hi.  That server log is not from the same time period as the app log you sent before.  I'm trying to find the call to your server that took 30 seconds in that app log.

Also, can you describe exactly what you mean by "crash'?

Thanks.

Can you find the server log from your original app log?

Also, are you pressing any remote buttons while waiting for Emby to respond (when it crashes)?

Cthalpa

Can you find the server log from your original app log?

Also, are you pressing any remote buttons while waiting for Emby to respond (when it crashes)?

I have no clue how to get the app log out of the TV???

I submitted the log directly from the TV earlier, did you not get it?

I have no clue how to get the app log out of the TV???

I submitted the log directly from the TV earlier, did you not get it?

Hi.  I'm looking for the server log that matches the app log you originally sent.

Also, when the app crashes, are you hitting any remote buttons?

Cthalpa

@@ebr - the log rotates, so that info is now gone.

I will fire up emby, so it can crash :( and send you the logs.

No, I dont hit buttons on the remote when it crashes.
Ill poke you when the log is ready.