Auto Box Sets - Duplicates

vdatanet
Go to solution Solved by vdatanet,

vdatanet

I have a collection generated by Auto Box Sets, "La mosca - Colección"

Every day a new duplicate appears. I delete the collections and start again, the first day there is one, two, three ... and so on.

What can happen?

5e332afab357f_Capturadepantalla20200130a

Happy2Play

If you were to move that media into a different folder does the same thing happen?

vdatanet

There are 2 The Fly Collections:

(1958-1965) themoviedbId 123213 - Two movies

(1986-1989) themoviedbId 109609 - Two movies

First time was created collection 123213, then as collection 109609 was missing, collection 109609 was created but with id 123213 (four movies). As collection 109609 is missing, collection 109609 is created again, but with id 123213... again and again

I've deleted the collection folder. First created collection now is 109609 and it's only created once, but it has the four movies. No problem for me.

Happy2Play

But the plugin is just reading the collectionid from the items metadata.

So what is the "TheMovieDb Collection Id:" on each item.  Do the items have the wrong id?

vdatanet

Movies have the correct collection id. But I think the plugin creates the same folder for both collections, because they have the same collection name and then movies are messed.

vdatanet

In spanish both have the same name, La Mosca. The issue is the spanish name.

vdatanet

I've changed the collection name in themoviedb, let's see if both collections are created.

Happy2Play

I was just going to say this has to be a translation issues as I just added all 5 movies and there were identified and grouped into collections properly.

So you are running into a same name different id issue.  So the question is are the collection searched by ID or Name?  @@ebr @@Luke

But in the end someone should actually update TMDB translation since the Title is not properly translated as The Fly Collection and The Fly (1986) Collection are no the same.

• Like 1

Ok yea now I understand. We'll need a better way of dealing with two collections of the same name. Truthfully the folder name could just as easily be random, but that will obviously draw complaints from those who like to hack around with them.

vdatanet

I've created 2 manual collections, let's say "La Mosca X" and "La Mosca Y" with its corresponent collection id. Plugin creates "La Mosca" again because to verify if collection exists, it searchs for collection title instead of collection id. As "La Mosca" does not exist, it's created again with 5 movies. 

I think that to check if a collection exists, it should be searched by the collection id instead of the title. 

Edited by vdatanet

vdatanet

I've changed the collection title to La Mosca (1986) in themoviedb, but I suppose I takes a little time to propagate that title change. Maybe old title is still cached.

• Solution
vdatanet

Changing "La Mosca" to "La Mosca (1986)" in themoviedb did the trick. Now I have two collections with their correct films.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...