FireTV Cube not refreshing home screen after episode watched

MyronAub

MyronAub

I have been having a recurring problem for the last week or so with my 2019 second generation FireTV Cube:

1. most times if I watch an episode to the end and click the green Stop button then backup to the Home Screen, the Home Screen doesn't update "Next Up" and keeps showing that episode in position 2, 3, 4 or whatever instead of hiding the watched episode and showing the next epsiode of that particular series in position 1 of "Next Up"
  2. similarly, most times if I pause an episode then backup to the Home Screen where I can see the episode in "Continue Watching" and then resume watching the episode it does the same as above but also shows the now fully watched episode as still only part watched in "Continue Watching"

If I use the Windows client to view the Home Screen it correctly shows the next episode and doesn't show fully watched episodes in "Continue Watching." However the only way I can get the FireTV cube to refresh the Home Screen is to restart the FireTV; typically it then works correctly for a few episodes before eventually again failing to refresh/update the Home Screen.

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix?

MyronAub

Do you ever see any messages flash near the bottom of the screen?

It sounds like maybe something is responding very slowly from your server.

No, I haven't noticed any messages appear. Just for reference I can return to the Home Screen on the Cube some 24 hours later and it still hasn't refreshed with the correct watched episodes. The only way to get it to do so is to restart the Cube.

Can you reproduce the problem and send a log from the app?

Yes, will do, thanks.

MyronAub

Can you reproduce the problem and send a log from the app?

So sod's law I noticed last night that Amazon have pushed out an update for the FireTV App yesterday and for the first time in weeks the problem didn't appear... I'll keep an eye on it and grab logs if it happens again.