25 replies to this topic

#21 DarkFeather OFFLINE  

DarkFeather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Local time: 07:01 PM

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:53 PM

I'm starting to think this is a transcoding issue -- I just upgraded to Version 4.4.0.13 beta and I'm still seeing some playback issues. I'm attaching one of the playback ffmpeg logs. I'm going to do some more testing tonight to see if this is remediable in configuration...

Attached Files

#22 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156705 posts
  • Local time: 09:01 PM

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:33 AM

So now it can connect? I guess you solved that?

#23 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156705 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:34 AM

That log looks more like web app playback. Are you sure it's from Chromecast?

#24 DarkFeather OFFLINE  

DarkFeather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Local time: 07:01 PM

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:36 AM

No, it's not from Chromecast -- I was getting similar transcoding issues in the webapp where the player would start and then nothing would happen (no video, no audio). I'm just going to assume that I'm doing weird things with the app and I'm more or less on my own to figure out the config for my deployment.

If you'd like to see a demo of what's going on with Chromecast, I can set up a http://freeconferencecall.com/ meet sometime. 

#25 Eddie OFFLINE  

Eddie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 12:03 PM

Chromecast to me always felt like a bad science project... It worked like 90% of the time but that 10% it just wouldn't cast or show up... I fought with it for years and one day I ended up getting a Roku and haven't looked back Chromecast upgrade for Google products and that's about it in my humble opinion

#26 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156705 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:40 PM

No, it's not from Chromecast -- I was getting similar transcoding issues in the webapp where the player would start and then nothing would happen (no video, no audio). I'm just going to assume that I'm doing weird things with the app and I'm more or less on my own to figure out the config for my deployment.

If you'd like to see a demo of what's going on with Chromecast, I can set up a http://freeconferencecall.com/ meet sometime. 

Can you attach the emby server log that goes along with that ffmpeg log? Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chromecast, arch_linux, linux, chrome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users