Live TV stopped working

TheShanMan
Go to solution Solved by softworkz,

TheShanMan

I use a Hauppauge with WinTV and I can watch TV in WinTV but I just get a spinning circle in Emby. It used to work so I'm not sure what's wrong. The Live TV configuration appears to all be in order according to how it was set up and working originally. Logs attached (started the server, launched live TV, then stopped server in order to keep logs clean). It's been this way for months but I've been too lazy to report it. Haha!

embyserver-63715668701.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-91836f37-63b9-4319-a234-58fb7d65fc6a_1.txt

hardware_detection-63715668649.txt

Hi, @@softworkz will look into this.

in the meantime some things to try would be following our hardware acceleration setup guide, which would include making sure both windows and all hardware drivers are up to date, and other things as mentioned in the wiki. And then if that doesn't pan out you can try disabling hardware transcoding under server transcoding settings.

• 2 months later...
TheShanMan

I just tried this again in 4.4.0.40 and it's still not working. Should the new server version "just work" or do I have to take any steps to get it working again now that your fix is in place, @@softworkz?

I just tried this again in 4.4.0.40 and it's still not working. Should the new server version "just work" or do I have to take any steps to get it working again now that your fix is in place, @@softworkz?

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. Thanks.

Could you please post an ffmpeg log for "still not working"?

Thanks.

TheShanMan

Sorry for the delay. It's not generating an ffmpeg log. In the server log I see:

2020-04-01 19:22:08.743 Error MediaProbeManager: Timeout while running Ffprobe -analyzeduration 3000000 -i "http://127.0.0.1:8096/LiveTv/LiveStreamFiles/94cd6641c4a7427187c2c70a3d186f54/stream.ts" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_format -show_data
2020-04-01 19:22:09.247 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code -1
2020-04-01 19:22:09.247 Error MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Error Output:
	ffprobe version 4.3.0-emby_2020_02_24-g5abbb1430d+4891 Copyright (c) 2007-2019 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC
	  built with gcc 9.2.0 (Rev2, Built by MSYS2 project)
2020-04-01 19:22:09.249 Error MediaSourceManager: Error probing live tv stream
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.4.0.40
	Command line: C:\Users\TheShanMan\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///C:/Users/TheShanMan/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.Environment.Version: 3.1.2
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\TheShanMan\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\TheShanMan\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Error running ffprobe for "http://127.0.0.1:8096/LiveTv/LiveStreamFiles/94cd6641c4a7427187c2c70a3d186f54/stream.ts" - 
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Probing.MediaProbeManager.GetMediaInfoInternal(String inputPath, String primaryPath, MediaProtocol protocol, Boolean extractChapters, String probeSizeArgument, Boolean isAudio, Boolean forceEnableLogging, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.AddMediaInfoWithProbe(MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, Boolean isAudio, ReadOnlyMemory`1 cacheKey, Boolean addProbeDelay, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStreamInternal(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

And in the UI I get "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

• Solution

It reports timeout when reading the tv stream. Are you sure the tv source is still working?

• Like 1

TheShanMan

Apparently not. I told WinTV to rescan channels and now it's working. Not sure why it would've changed but oh well. It would be nice if Emby gave a more helpful error message than "no compatible streams". Thanks though, guys!