Have to log in to Emby each time

gatkin

18 hours ago, warrentc3 said:

can confirm this still happens on appletv’s when they’re just local server users. 

@vdatanet are you able to reproduce?

vdatanet
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

@vdatanet are you able to reproduce?

No, it happened to me some time ago, but it hasn’t happened again. I fixed it by installing and uninstalling the app.

5 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

No, it happened to me some time ago, but it hasn’t happened again. I fixed it by installing and uninstalling the app.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, martinohansen said:

Can confirm that this is still an issue for me every time I open the app.

HI, is this when connecting to your own Emby Server, or someone else's?

martinohansen
33 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, is this when connecting to your own Emby Server, or someone else's?

Someone else’s, I use the PIN code login. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 2:38 PM, martinohansen said:

Someone else’s, I use the PIN code login. 

Ok we'll have a new app update available soon so hopefully that will help with this. Thanks.

• 9 months later...
nate5532

I might need to open a separate thread in this, but the issue similar to the OP.

I have the latest appletv and 2 servers (1 local, one external to my home). When connecting to my local server, I dont have to enter in my username and password. It works great!  When I connect to the external server, it requires me to login. 

I have confirmed with the external server owner and there is no reason on their end that would require me to enter a password each time. 

I have both of these servers added to non appletv devices and it does NOT require a password when connecting to the external server (Roku, android tv, LG webOS). 

I also I am logged into Emby connect  

Any ideas on things I could try?  Or other information I can provide?  And did the update referenced above get released to apple Tv?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
bonstarr

Any way this can be troubleshooted? This is extremely annoying. Even the jellyfin app does a better job!

Are you signing in with Emby Connect or doing a direct connection using the server address?

• 2 weeks later...
TwinStream

Also have the same issue, first it was only a couple of times each week but now it’s every day.

I only access my own server and do not have other servers that I log into, just one.

emjimmy

At the risk of repeating the same thing, I've always had this happen.  I only have one account, and the Apple TV app has never found the local server on my network.  The iPad and iPhone apps work find and see the server.  I have to add 192.168.0.xx as my local machine each time that it fails.  To speed things up, I use my iPhone keyboard with a text expansion of xxx to map this to my local server name, so it's faster now, but still an issue.

Is there a best practises document that needs to be followed to allow the Apple TV app to connect to the server?

BTW,  Emby server is  on Ventura running the latest release and the Apple TV is automatically set to get the latest versions.

Thanks

Edited by emjimmy

prettyboytomato
On 5/4/2023 at 10:51 PM, Luke said:

Are you signing in with Emby Connect or doing a direct connection using the server address?

This has been happening for the last several weeks for me with Emby app (1.72 (1)) for Apple TV (current OS update). I'm signing in direct to my Emby server (4.7.1.1). Almost every day, when I open the app I've been logged out and have to log in again. It retains the server information at least, but not great having to enter in credentials so often. This is happening for remote users directly connecting with Apple TV Emby app as well. 

FWIW This is not happening when using the Samsung Tizen TV Emby app connected directly as well. That app has remained signed in throughout. 

Looking forward to a fix. Thank you!

bguscott

I believe it logs me out whenever the Emby server docker container gets updated. Super annoying - hope it gets fixed soon, and if I can provide any logs to assist please let me know.

On 29/05/2023 at 19:20, bguscott said:

I believe it logs me out whenever the Emby server docker container gets updated. Super annoying - hope it gets fixed soon, and if I can provide any logs to assist please let me know.

Excactly this for me as well. Can this be fixed?

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
bleachjt

Any updates on this? I'm using 1.7.3 (2) and it still happens to me almost every time I want to use the app. I've heard some people say that there should be an option to remember login, but I don't see that in the AppleTV version.

• Like 1

ATranchina

This has been happening to me as well for the past couple weeks.  The Apple TV Emby app logs me out almost every day. I need to input my local server address and user password every time. Super annoying. Everything is up to date. Running the server in the latest Docker. The Docker or the Apple TV isn't updating or restarting. I can't find a pattern.

• Agree 1

EmbyOak

I have a similar issue. I’m running the latest beta (and this issue has been happening for a while with many previous beta versions). 

appleTVs for sure, it’s as if they forget my credentials after an extended period of time or a period of time and a power cycle. 
My home AppleTV has not experienced this. My cottage AppleTV has. My friend, everything she goes to her cottage, she had to log back in again. 

we are using direct connection to my server. Restarting the Emby app does not seem to impact anything,  I’m leaning towards this being a timeout or an inactivity period that causes either the AppleTV or Emby app to forgot the credentials including the url. Maybe this is a security feature…

let me know if you need anymore info. 

• Agree 1

EmbyOak

To confirm, I'm running 4.8.0.39.

My AppleTV 4k (A1842 32GB) is running 16.5.

I just unplugged this appleTv for a couple of hours.  That did not reset the user settings in Emby.  So I am still leaning towards this being a timeout issue.  Lack of use over some period of time causes information to expire which causes the Emby app on the AppleTV to ask for a complete setup (URL, username and password).

I did notice under Settings, Apps, Emby that "Background App Refresh" was "Off".  I have since turned it on.  Not sure if this will "keep things alive".

harrv

Both of my Apple TV  client users are complaining about this. I saw some speculation this could be related to running Emby server in a docker container? I use the linuxserver/emby image. Are the other users experiencing the problem using that one or the emby/embyserver image? Is anyone experiencing this who doesn't run Emby in docker? Just trying to help narrow it down.

EmbyOak
7 hours ago, harrv said:

Both of my Apple TV  client users are complaining about this. I saw some speculation this could be related to running Emby server in a docker container? I use the linuxserver/emby image. Are the other users experiencing the problem using that one or the emby/embyserver image? Is anyone experiencing this who doesn't run Emby in docker? Just trying to help narrow it down.

I am running Emby natively on Debian, no virtualization or docker whatsoever.