Airbender

Introduce yourself...

winchy

Long time Kodi user since the very early XBMC days. Bought a new 82" Sammy for Xmas and recently migrated all my media to a DS918+. Have never played with Emby at all until recently. Wow I wish I had of years ago. Signed up to Premiere a couple of days later. Really enjoying exploring what Emby can do for me. 

My favourite feature so far, being able to manually edit metadata. Great works devs. Awesome bit of code you got going on here.

• Like 1

ebr

Welcome!

xsteacy

Hi and welcome!

The server core is no longer open source but that has not slowed us down at all - or, really, had any impact other than positive ones on our development.

Ok but can we still contribute to the server code?

ethanmarcos

My Name is Ethan and I have just joined this forum. Looking forward having a great time and also lots of useful information.

Cheers :)

ebr

Welcome!

Ed5

Hello everyone:)

Ed5

I'm new here

Chyron

I'm new here

Welcome!

dannymichel

Hi, I'm Danny and I'm a designer.

I've been designing(and coding) for as long as some of you have been alive. My OCD helps.

ebr

Welcome!

BLAlley
Posted (edited)

Hello all!

B.L. Alley here. I'd been using the default app on the Rokus to watch content from the PC and finally decided to try Plex. Unfortunately (or fortunately) Plex was a buggy mess, most notably completely failing to recognize any of my music. My search kept finding the same solution: restructure and label all my music. Pass.

In a stroke of luck I had watched a (terrible) video tutorial about setting up Plex when I noticed one of the recommendations was titled "Plex vs Emby". I didn't watch the video, instead preforming a search of Emby. What I found appeared to be a media server very much like Plex with one exception: it works, and works well. Even with a few minor bugs I know will be fixed I love the app. My media has never been easier to organize and enjoy, with so much more detail than i ever had before.

Thanks to the developers.

Edited by BLAlley
  • Like 2

Luke

Hello all!

B.L. Alley here. I'd been using the default app on the Rokus to watch content from the PC and finally decided to try Plex. Unfortunately (or fortunately) Plex was a buggy mess, most notably completely failing to recognize any of my music. My search kept finding the same solution: restructure and label all my music. Pass.

In a stroke of luck I had watched a (terrible) video tutorial about setting up Plex when I noticed one of the recommendations was titled "Plex vs Emby". I didn't watch the video, instead preforming a search of Emby. What I found appeared to be a media server very much like Plex with one exception: it works, and works well. even with a few minor bugs I know will be fixed I love the app. My media has never been easier to organize and enjoy, with so much more detail than i ever had before.

Thanks to the developers.

Hi, welcome, and thanks for the feedback !

csav14

Hello everyone. New to this. Hope I can navigate and ask questions.

ebr

Welcome!

Also please be sure to utilize our Knowledge Base.

Mario0707

Hi I'm Mario

I was told to send my username and email

Username Mario0707

Email imback0707@gmail.com

ebr

Hi I'm Mario

I was told to send my username and email

Username Mario0707

Email imback0707@gmail.com

Hi.  Told by whom?  What can we help you with?

GameCube

Hey guys, I spent the longest time tinkering with Plex and having things randomly stop working within the house, we recently changed to Apple TVs and the Plex app is shocking it's a breath of fresh air to have things just work on Emby, no stalls when loading into live tv and no random performance issues keep up the great work :D 

Luke
3 hours ago, GameCube said:

Hey guys, I spent the longest time tinkering with Plex and having things randomly stop working within the house, we recently changed to Apple TVs and the Plex app is shocking it's a breath of fresh air to have things just work on Emby, no stalls when loading into live tv and no random performance issues keep up the great work :D 

Hi, welcome and thanks for the feedback !

Junglejim

Hi guys, I've been using Emby for a few months now and I thought I'd sign in and let you know how much I love this software. I must admit I'm not a premiere user (just local use) but I've unlocked the app on a couple of devices and it looks and performs great!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers

Luke
7 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Hi guys, I've been using Emby for a few months now and I thought I'd sign in and let you know how much I love this software. I must admit I'm not a premiere user (just local use) but I've unlocked the app on a couple of devices and it looks and performs great!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers

Hi and welcome !