#461 BLAlley OFFLINE  

BLAlley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 06:05 AM

Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:19 PM

Hello all!

B.L. Alley here. I'd been using the default app on the Rokus to watch content from the PC and finally decided to try Plex. Unfortunately (or fortunately) Plex was a buggy mess, most notably completely failing to recognize any of my music. My search kept finding the same solution: restructure and label all my music. Pass.

In a stroke of luck I had watched a (terrible) video tutorial about setting up Plex when I noticed one of the recommendations was titled "Plex vs Emby". I didn't watch the video, instead preforming a search of Emby. What I found appeared to be a media server very much like Plex with one exception: it works, and works well. Even with a few minor bugs I know will be fixed I love the app. My media has never been easier to organize and enjoy, with so much more detail than i ever had before.

Thanks to the developers.

Edited by BLAlley, 01 April 2020 - 10:35 AM.

• ebr and ThePaladinTech like this

#462 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156872 posts
  • Local time: 09:05 AM

Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:35 PM

Hello all!

B.L. Alley here. I'd been using the default app on the Rokus to watch content from the PC and finally decided to try Plex. Unfortunately (or fortunately) Plex was a buggy mess, most notably completely failing to recognize any of my music. My search kept finding the same solution: restructure and label all my music. Pass.

In a stroke of luck I had watched a (terrible) video tutorial about setting up Plex when I noticed one of the recommendations was titled "Plex vs Emby". I didn't watch the video, instead preforming a search of Emby. What I found appeared to be a media server very much like Plex with one exception: it works, and works well. even with a few minor bugs I know will be fixed I love the app. My media has never been easier to organize and enjoy, with so much more detail than i ever had before.

Thanks to the developers.

Hi, welcome, and thanks for the feedback !

#463 csav14 OFFLINE  

csav14

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 03:35 AM

Hello everyone. New to this. Hope I can navigate and ask questions.

#464 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51946 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:13 AM

Welcome!

Also please be sure to utilize our Knowledge Base.

#465 Mario0707 OFFLINE  

Mario0707

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:22 PM

Hi I'm Mario

I was told to send my username and email

Username Mario0707

Email imback0707@gmail.com

#466 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51946 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 07:37 AM

Hi I'm Mario

I was told to send my username and email

Username Mario0707

Email imback0707@gmail.com

Hi.  Told by whom?  What can we help you with?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users