Unable to sign in to emby.media

joslinjune

They say they have nothing to do with login username or password not working on emby.media

They are mistaken. The sign in screen you mentioned in a direct connection to their server. If you want to sign in with Emby Connect, then you can click the button to Sign in with Emby Connect and then use your forum credentials. But again, it's their server, they need to give you guidance on which of those two methods should be used.

Coreenbaldridge

They are mistaken. The sign in screen you mentioned in a direct connection to their server. If you want to sign in with Emby Connect, then you can click the button to Sign in with Emby Connect and then use your forum credentials. But again, it's their server, they need to give you guidance on which of those two methods should be used.

They have something to do with me trying to just log into emby.media? Doesn't make sense to me. When I go to the change server page, it allows me to generate a pin using emby connect. I go to the pin link and it excepts it. Then, i still cannot log in. I log in fine here to the forums using the same username and password. How can Vein Plus help with that?

I go to the pin link and it excepts it. Then, i still cannot log in.

Why not? What happens then?

Coreenbaldridge

I am not using the app. Trying on the website.

Just downloaded the app. Same thing is happening. Invalid username or password

I am not using the app. Trying on the website.

HI, sorry, same thing, if you're using the browser then i meant web app. I'm sorry but you'll need to check with the owner of the server to find out what login method they want you to use, whether it's Emby Connect, or whether it's a direct login/password on their server. Our apps have two ways of signing in, and the method you should be using will depend on how the server administrator is configuring their users.

@@Coreenbaldridge - As an analogy to try and clear up what is going on here - You have subscribed to or are using a service analogous to Cable provided by someone (let's call them Time Warner) and you are seeking support on accessing that service but you are talking to the manufacturer of your TV (us - we build the software they are using) instead of the provider of your service (Time Warner).

Does that make sense? 

• 1 year later...
Luke3601

I'm having the same issue not being able to sign in. I've tried everything, changing my password, using the pin, I get nothing! Screenshot_20210822-003612_Chrome.thumb.jpg.90e2550d481583a201203dbeb1305033.jpg

2 hours ago, Luke3601 said:

I'm having the same issue not being able to sign in. I've tried everything, changing my password, using the pin, I get nothing! Screenshot_20210822-003612_Chrome.thumb.jpg.90e2550d481583a201203dbeb1305033.jpg

HI there, are you trying to sign in with your luke3601 account? 

17 minutes ago, Luke3601 said:

Yes with my Luke3601 account. 

What does the previous screen say at the top when you are trying to sign in? Does it say Please Sign In or does it say Sign In With Emby Connect?

Luke3601
2 hours ago, Luke said:

What does the previous screen say at the top when you are trying to sign in? Does it say Please Sign In or does it say Sign In With Emby Connect?

Neither it gives me the options of enter user manually, login with connect, switch server or send logs

1 minute ago, Luke3601 said:

Neither it gives me the options of enter user manually, login with connect, switch server or send logs

Are you trying to connect to your own Emby Server, or someone else's?

10 hours ago, Luke3601 said:

I use discord. 

8 hours ago, Luke3601 said:

Mine

You actually installed a server on a machine of yours or someone on Discord gave you a link/address?

Luke3601
15 minutes ago, ebr said:

You actually installed a server on a machine of yours or someone on Discord gave you a link/address?

I did get a shared link as well, is that what is stopping it from logging in? I forgot about the shared link. 

38 minutes ago, Luke3601 said:

I did get a shared link as well, is that what is stopping it from logging in? I forgot about the shared link. 

A shared link to what?

FrostByte

This could all be solved in about 30 seconds.  Please post some pics showing what you're seeing like requested earlier