Custom Preset Themes

rechigo

rechigo

I know this isn't directly anything to do with the Web App CSS, but I'll ask anyways. I'm curious: is there a way to add your own preset themes to Emby? (Ex. black, holidays, windows media center, etc) At first, I thought it was as simple as going into the "themes" folder under emby-webcomponents in the dashboard-ui folder and adding a folder containing a json and css folder pertaining to the styling, but I realized it isn't that simple. Is there a way that I can manually add my own themes? If so, where exactly could I specify my themes so that the web app would know they exist?

UPDATE: After some grep'ing on my linux box, I was able to find the source of the theme service: It's a file called "skinmanager.js" in the emby-webcomponents directory.

After looking over the code, it appears creating a custom theme is quite simple and I got it to work with ease. If anyone is interested in how to do this, please let me know and I'll follow up with a quick guide on how to do so.

Edited by rechigo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
riothamus

I am also interested.  I've been kicking around an idea for a "Blockbuster Video"-esque theme for a while now.

rechigo

I wont be home for a few days, but when I get back and have time I'll go over an example on how to create a custom dark theme w/ a blue accent. From there you should be able to create themes with whatever accents/colors you'd like.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Just a note to readers - if you take this approach, every update of the app/server will overwrite your custom themes.  And, if you back up that file and replace it after update, you risk breaking things.

Just to be aware of...

• Like 1