MetaData Optimierung EMBY

Seger

Seger

Hallo @@Luke , Hallo @@sualfred ,

auf Basis eines neuen Skripts von Sualfred habe ich mir die ganze Metadaten Geschichte in Emby nochmal genauer angeschaut und irgendwie ist da meiner Meinung nach ein wenig Optimierungsbedarf/der Wurm drin.

Ich glaube ich kann behaupten, dass es an keinen allgemeinen API-Fehler (z.B. TVDB 3.0) liegt. Es sind meiner Meinung nach Formatierungsfehler oder eben andere interne Reinfolgen/Priorisierung Fehler. In Verbindung mit der deutschen Sprache ergeben sich noch andere Quertreiber wie z.B. FSK-12 / 12 vs. "FSK 12".

@@Luke , kennst du schon das neue Skript von Sualfred für Kodi?

https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thread/67590-BETA-Kodi-Metadata-Editor/

Der Metadata-Editor macht alles ziemlich genauso wie man es in Emby haben will, nur eben vom Client zum Server und nicht vom Server zum Client ;-).

Ich habe mich jetzt nicht mit Sualfred abgesprochen. Meine Intension ist eigentlich nur, dass wir uns das Thema mal genau anschauen und vielleicht das Skript in Emby integrieren (eigenes Plugin) oder eben sicherstellen können, dass die Sachen in Emby genauso gescannt werden wie vom Skript. Ich kann leider kein Plugin schreiben, aber vielleicht können wir uns dem ja auch anders nähern.

Bevor wie jetzt anfangen zu quatschen, ich habe alle Konstellationen im Emby Server ausprobiert, ich komme nie auf das schöne RICHTIGE (meiner Meinung) Bild welches vom Skript erstellt wird.

TVDB META Daten  ON/OFF - Prio 1/2/3

OMDB  ON/OFF - Prio 1/2/3

TMDB  ON/OFF - Prio 1/2/3

Anbei mal einige Beispiele in bildlicher Darstellung (die von Emby generiert wurden):

Negativ Beispiel Emby (nur FSK /Staffeln sind richtig):

Bei Filmen wird auch immer nur die Zahl, oder FSK Bindstrich Zahl übernommen.

5e0cbe8ca9891_Serienbersicht.jpg

Positiv Beispiel nach der Aktualisierung Emby:

FSK12 

5e0cc0768321e_SerienbersichtEmbyNEUNACHA

Negativ Beispiel Emby (Bewertungen werden mit 3 Kommastellen dargestellt):

5e0cc1f3cd092_Epidodemit3Kommastellen.jp

Positiv Beispiel Emby (Bewertungen wird aktualisiert und richtig dargestellt):

-> Hier liegt die Betonung auf aktualisiert und richtig dargestellt.

5e0cc40ac496a_Epidodemit3KommastellenEMB

Diese Beispiele: Bewertungen/FSK und die Aktualisierung der RottenTomaten Bewertungen lassen sich auch bei den Filmen reproduzieren. 

Also durch das Skript ist jetzt alles sehr sauber, und aktuell, aber ich schaffe es einfach nicht Emby von sich aus auf den Standard von Skript zu bekommen. Würde mich sehr freuen, wenn du dir das mal genau anschaust und Feedback gibst.

Herzlichen Dank für das ständige offene Ohr und die tolle Unterstützung,

Seger

@@sualfred, sei mir bitte nicht böse, aber dein Skript ist so genial, dass es entweder in Emby gehört oder eben die Basis der Diskussion darstellen sollte!!!

-----------------------

English translation for the other users without pictures (pictures see above) 

Hello @@Luke , Hello @@sualfred

based on a new script by Sualfred I took a closer look at the whole metadata story in Emby and somehow I think there is some need for optimization/the worm in there. 

I think I can say that it is not due to a general API bug (e.g. TVDB 3.0). In my opinion it is a formatting error or other internal sequencing/prioritization errors. In connection with the German language there are other cross drivers like FSK-12 / 12 vs. "FSK 12".

@@Luke , do you already know the new script by Sualfred for Kodi? 

The metadata editor does everything pretty much the way you want it to do in Emby, just from client to server and not from server to client ;-).

I have not discussed this with Sualfred. My intention is that we can take a closer look at the topic and maybe integrate the script into Emby (own plugin) or make sure that things are scanned in Emby the same way they are scanned by the script. Unfortunately I can't write a plugin, but maybe we can approach it differently.

Before we start chatting, I have tried all constellations in Emby Server, I never get to the nice CORRECT (in my opinion) image created by the script.

TVDB META data ON/OFF - Prio 1/2/3
OMDB ON/OFF - Prio 1/2/3
TMDB ON/OFF - Prio 1/2/3

Here are some examples in pictorial representation (generated by Emby).

Negative example Emby (only FSK /Staffs are correct):

#Picture 1

For movies, only the number, or FSK hyphen number, is used.

Positive example after updating Emby:
FSK12 

#Picture 2

Negative example Emby (ratings are displayed with 3 decimal places):

#Picture 3

Positive example Emby (ratings are updated and displayed correctly):

-> Here the emphasis is on updated and correctly displayed.

#Picture 4

These examples: Ratings/FSK and the update of the §RottenTomatn ratings can also be reproduced in the films. 

So by the script, everything is now very clean and up-to-date, but I just can't get Emby to the standard of script by itself. I would be very happy if you take a closer look at it and give feedback.

Thank you very much for the constant open ear and the great support,

Seger

@@sualfred, please don't be angry with me, but your script is so brilliant that it either belongs in Emby or should be the basis of the discussion!

Happy2Play

All the metadata Emby receives from TVDB, OMDB, and TMDB is in the Emby Cache folder per provider by id, so you can see what you are getting.

To me all of those issues come directly from TMDB in my test.

Content rating

<ContentRating> TV-MA </ContentRating> TVDB
"DE", "rating": "12" TMDB
"Rated": "TV-MA" OMDB

Episode votes / score

<Rating> 8.1 </Rating> TVDB
"vote_average": 5.563 TMDB
"imdbRating": "8.4" OMDB

@@Luke  Does Emby no longer append the country for content rating from TMDB? Pretty much goes back to this topic . As my test returns "12" as displayed in screenshot above.

For votes / score I would think we need a check box to ensure scores come from a specific source.

Edited by Happy2Play

Seger
Hey @@Happy2Play , Hey everybody,

yes, you get to the point, an option to define where the FSC should be taken from would be a very important and correct step. @@Luke, Is it possible to integrate this and is it possible to understand the options or the script as a comprehensive plugin or as a summary of all metadata plugins?

The next logical step would be to replace the hyphen between "FSK" and the "number" with a space. No program does that, TinyMedia Manager, Kodi, Script, etc... just adds more confusion to Emby about the "wrong" German FSK definitions.

As you can see (picture 2), the script of @@sualfred has the same challenges as Emby (TVDB API, format etc.) and manages to display everything very cleanly :-). In addition, the prioritization and matching is felt to be cleaner.

Thanks for the feedback and many greetings,

Seger

Oh, metadata makes you crazy :P

Seger
Small addendum: The screenshot from the script shows us very clearly what else would be needed. Especially the processing and also the exclusion of MPAA evaluations make it very round.

5e0e12655eae9_Anmerkung20200102165209.pn

All the metadata Emby receives from TVDB, OMDB, and TMDB is in the Emby Cache folder per provider by id, so you can see what you are getting.

To me all of those issues come directly from TMDB in my test.

Content rating

<ContentRating> TV-MA </ContentRating> TVDB
"DE", "rating": "12" TMDB
"Rated": "TV-MA" OMDB

Episode votes / score

<Rating> 8.1 </Rating> TVDB
"vote_average": 5.563 TMDB
"imdbRating": "8.4" OMDB

@@Luke  Does Emby no longer append the country for content rating from TMDB? Pretty much goes back to this topic . As my test returns "12" as displayed in screenshot above.

For votes / score I would think we need a check box to ensure scores come from a specific source.

I don't think that we ever did, but for parental control purposes, we can handle just having the number 12.

acnp77
The metadata editor does everything pretty much the way you want it to do in Emby, just from client to server and not from server to client ;-).

IMHO the library must be administrated only on the server. This is one of the servers main purposes. Having clients change metadata an uploading it to the server would be fundamentally wrong and would cause more problems than it solves. The only way would be to improve the server functionality, but it is already pretty good in my experience.

Cheers

Edited by acnp77