Change German rating description from DE-X to FSK-X

shorty1483

shorty1483

FSK-X is the official German rating description.

Source: https://www.spio-fsk.de/?seitid=2&tid=2

This would also make the emby data more compatible to external apps like e.g. different Kodi skins. See http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/38999-emby-kodi-and-german-ratings/&do=findComment&comment=365874

• Like 4

We can just keep both, thanks. It might not have the effect you're thinking though. It will only help in terms of calculating parental control values.

• Like 1

shorty1483

In the example case above the exact value passed by the Kodi plugin is the Emby DE-X value ( @@Angelblue05 ?). If this is changed to FSK-X no skin that I'm aware needs to be changed at code level again because they all address the FSK term for the mpaa images. This and the well looking FSK term in Emby movie details would be enough benefit :D

• Like 2

Angelblue05

Yes no conversion is done in the add-on. It grabs the mpaa rating returned by the server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

Guardian Hope

In the example case above the exact value passed by the Kodi plugin is the Emby DE-X value ( @@Angelblue05 ?). If this is changed to FSK-X no skin that I'm aware needs to be changed at code level again because they all address the FSK term for the mpaa images. This and the well looking FSK term in Emby movie details would be enough benefit :D

As one of the other participants in the example, I have to agree that Emby Server should use the "official" ratings system for Germany (FSK-X) and not the current DE-X used by Emby @@Luke. It doesn't make sense for Emby Server to use a "non-official" rating; that would be like not using the MPAA in the US and according to @@Angelblue05 - the Kodi addon just passes the values direct from Emby Server and subsequently that means the ratings need to be converted to the FSK-X equivalents at the skin level.

It just seems like something that would be of benefit :)

• Like 3

Yea the only thing is we don't actually "use" anything. The value you see on-screen in apps is the value that came from the internet metadata providers.

• Like 1

shorty1483

This is no offense to Emby. But that value is crap because it's simply wrong. The server uses what it gets, I know that... But e.g. the US variant is also called PG-13 and not US-13 isn't it? I saw that tmdb uses just the numbers 0,6,12,16,18 for german rating and I guess it simply adds DE- for language detection in front of it. Is it possible to automagically substitute "DE-" with "FSK-" during metadata processing?

Plus, 

• Update German ratings for parental control

What can I imagine with this sentence in latest beta?

Edited by shorty1483

It just means that if your rating value for a media item is FSK-X, we can now interpret it and support it properly with parental control. 

I think what you are really looking for is a parental control mapping feature to take the provider-supplied value and normalize or convert it, and that's a feature we don't currently have.

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Is it possible to automagically substitute "DE-" with "FSK-" during metadata processing

You could use notepad++ similar to how it was used here.

• Like 1

If the MovieDb doesn't use standardized german ratings then why don't you ask them to? It seems like it would benefit them as well.

Guys... I personally scrape my movies with Ember Media Manager and if I let Kodi do the database handling everything works fine with the nfo files made by Ember ;-)

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

Edited by b0mb

Guys... I personally scrape my movies with Ember Media Manager and if I let Kodi do the database handling everything works fine with the nfo files made by Ember ;-)

That doesn't indicate there's any kind of Emby problem. It might just mean that other software is doing some conversion on the data coming out of MovieDb.

Hehe

You just have to read the numbers for the age rating from the sites and put that FSK infront of it... I'm sure that this is no problem, isn't it? :-)

German treating agency is FSK and not DE ;-)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Worst case scenario, I can add a conversion within the add-on.. But I still believe having the correct rating server side would be better for everyone. Didn't we have this issue with uk rating at some point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

@@Luke Does Emby add the language designator prefix?  As shown here certification is just a number. 

{"certification":"12","iso_3166_1":"DE","primary":false,"release_date":"2016-05-26"}

I would think it has to be coded because we don't see US-PG-13.

{"certification":"PG-13","iso_3166_1":"US","primary":false,"release_date":"2016-06-10"}

Angelblue05

Skins don't do anything. They just get access to the information found in the Kodi database and if it matches a pattern, the proper icon displays. In this case, the server should be putting FSK in front of the number.

Happy2Play

Of the three programs that I have get metadata this is the first time ever hearing of FSK they all present DE-x.

We can obviously do this ourselves but it seems inconsistent that TMDB would return PG-13 for English and just 13 for German, instead of FSK-13.