Loading large video lists

wex101

wex101

My family had been struggling to browse movies on their media browser theater set up which accesses my library remotely.  I noticed browsing on the web works fine and concluded that Mediabrowser times out when attempting to build the entire movie list (which is very large) while the web client builds it so many items/page.  XBM3C has the same issue.  I'd love to see this issue fixed at some point so I can get my family back on the theater client where they can easily control things!

MrWebsmith

wex can you help us out and give more detail to your issue? as much as you get do and itll help all of us see what we can do to improve your issue

see this link for a guide on everything we're "looking for" then come back to this thread and add as much as you can.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

TIA

wex101

I won't be back on the pcs with the issue for awhile, but I will describe the issue further and post all the other information when I am able.

The key here is all the content is being remotely browsed outside of my apartment.  If you click to view all movies, MBT takes time to load the videos and eventually times out, pops up an error message something along the lines of "Media Browser Theater encountered a problem and needs to exit" and that is all.  If you browser a different way ie: by genre, actor, etc... where there are less items to aggregate into a list, it still takes sometime depending on the number of items but it completes loading up the list before MBT times out.

When you brose via URL (http://ip/mediabrowser) it seems to only load as many items as you tell it to in the little drop down node ie: 20, 50, 100.  So this issue isn't present there.

This issue also exists in the XBM3C plugin, and XBMC fails to load the list of movies unless you somehow filter what you want to see to shrink the size of the list.  Mind you, if the machine was on a local network where things are quicker, this would not be an issue.