#1 LongMan OFFLINE  

LongMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Local time: 08:47 AM

Posted 29 December 2019 - 07:56 PM

Test Builds - Jan 22, 2020

ATTENTION: If you were running a previous test-build delete your MyVideosxXX.db.

Changelog

• General
    • Support importing movie sets together with movies
    • Fix updating playback metadata on the media provider when having played a video from a widget
  • mediaimporter.emby
    • Fix importing clearlogo artwork
    • Import the following additional artwork: clearart, banner, landscape, discart
    • Fix reporting playback progress to the Emby server
    • Import movie sets together with movies

After installing, go to

• Settings>Addons>Install from Respository
    • repository.mediaimport
    • mediaimport.emby
    • There are no settings for the addon itself so there is nothing to configure there.
  • Now go to Settings>Media Sources>All Media Providers/Active Media Providers (Either should work).
    • You should see your server here, sign in.
      If not, choose Add Provider…, then choose ‘EMBY’, and add the URL of your server (http(s)://ipaddress:port)

• If your server is found, a dialog will pop up allowing you to enter and test your credentials. Do so and click ok.

• If authenticated, your server will now appear as a provider after the dialog closes.

• Choose it and choose Add Imports… .

• You should see the media types available there.

• Choose one, a dialog should pop up which allows you to choose what libraries are imported and synchronized.

• The default is All, for importing all libraries of that media type.

• However, the setting can be changed to choose, enabling you to select which libraries are imported from the multiselect dialog that appears.

• Having selected your library, or libraries, choose Ok.

• Synchronization should begin immediately.

• There is also a Synchronize Tab which allows to edit what info is synchronized but the defaults are best be left as is for testing.

• You can then return to Kodi’s Home screen and play whatever item has been imported. You do not have to wait for the import process to be completed.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated. As you can guess, when you are working on something for a long time, there might be little things that you overlook, or labels that should have been changed overtime but have not been and so are not as specific as they could be.
Give it a spin and say what you think about it

About Kodi's MediaImport Project

A few years back there was a Google summer of Code project to allow Aggregate Media from Multiple Sources and Present them in Unified Library View in Kodi. After that GSOC, the work was continued by, Montellese, a Team Kodi Member as a side project.

What's this all about?

The general idea is to provide a framework to be able to import media items from all kinds of services and locations which are not supported by our current library scanners which are purely filesystem based. Examples are importing some or all items from a plugin or from a UPnP server. This will allow users to directly integrate these items into their usual library so when they go through their library they'll also see items that are not directly available as a file on their disks/NAS but are available through another service and can play them like any other library item (as long as the service is available).

It allows Kodi to act in a couple of different Scenarios

Client-Server Setup

• Multiple instances of Kodi acting as clients to another Kodi instance, as a UPnP Server, in the role of a “Media Provider” serving content and metadata.
  • Multiple instances of Kodi acting as clients, to a media server, in the role of “Media Provider” serving content and metadata.
  • There is a plugin written for Emby. Only for videos, no music yet.

It should be noted that Kodi can act as a client to one or more of these servers at the same time. The items from the varied sources are aggregated and appear in the library together.

Distributed System

• Owing to the fact that Kodi can act as both client and server, it is possible to have a distributed system where multiple instances of Kodi share content and metadata with each other.

The project has reached a stage where he would love some feedback from users. It is alpha software, so technically savvy users are preferred because they should be able to provide useful, actionable feedback that will allow for some polishing before a more general audience takes a go at it. New test test builds of the MediaImport branch is available here.

Thanks in advance,

LongMan

Edited by LongMan, Yesterday, 08:41 PM.

#2 pünktchen ONLINE  

pünktchen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 2366 posts
  • Local time: 09:47 AM

Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:38 PM

Hi LongMan, why no download link for Android builds? I've found them on Kodi mirrors but they are older than the windows builds. But more important is do the Android builds have an unique identifier, so one can install it side by side with an original Kodi Leia apk?

#3 LongMan OFFLINE  

LongMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:31 PM

These last builds were just to have python 3 builds of Kodi to port the addons. The Windows for him, and the OSX  for enen92, who helped with the port. I will ask for an android build and update the post.

Cheers,

LongMan

#4 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 219 posts
  • Local time: 07:47 PM

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:34 PM

Unfortunately it is very hard to get feedback from users. Most users have their systems set up the way they like and are not willing to test or try new things which is fair to be honest, no one wants to break their system especially when family members use the system and you would rather not endanger home harmony :-)

I was able to install the test version of Kodi and the add-on and get my 600 odd movies to sync in about 3 minutes.

Playback worked fine, I was able to play back movies and the Emby dashboard show the client playing back the items ok.

I was able to mark items as watched/unwatched in Kodi and the Emby server was updated correctly.

One draw back to this approach was that real time events like marking something watched on the server did not show up in Kodi until I did a re-sync.

Apart from that it worked for my movies test and looks good.

• LongMan likes this

#5 LongMan OFFLINE  

LongMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I assume those are websocket events right?

I want to create an issue for it.

#6 TeamB OFFLINE  

TeamB

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 219 posts
  • Local time: 07:47 PM

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:56 PM

Yes, there are WebSocket events sent for updates.

The other option is polling.

#7 LongMan OFFLINE  

LongMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:32 AM

Ok. Thanks. I will inform the developer.

#8 LongMan OFFLINE  

LongMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:58 AM

New builds and a zip file for a dev repo for the addons are available in the first Post

@TeamB  The websocket issue was a fallout from Python 3 migration. Thanks for pointing that out. It has been corrected. Can you give it another spin and let us know.

@pünktchen  Android builds are now available. Give it a spin a let us know how it feels.

Cheers,

LongMan

• TeamB likes this

#9 blublub OFFLINE  

blublub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:52 PM

Hi
I want to try Kodi 19 because of the HDR build for Windows.
Since Emby for Kodi is not Python 3 yet I would like to know how "alpha" the mediaimporter still is and if I still need the zip for download or if it is already in a repo.
Thx

#10 LongMan OFFLINE  

LongMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:26 PM

@blublub

It is in the Dev repo which I have posted a link to in the first post.

Give it a spin. There are now LibreELEC builds so you can test without replacing your production system.

How Alpha? Tell us. We would love your opinion

#11 sualfred OFFLINE  

sualfred

The Embuary guy

• Developers
  • 1845 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:33 PM

The HDR builds are inofficial and the existing Pull Request got rejected because of it breaks other operation systems and several other things (haven't looked in detail at the PR discussion). The mediaimporter branch has no HDR included and is based on the official Kodi GitHub master.

#12 LongMan OFFLINE  

LongMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:52 PM

That's  true, MediaImport does not have HDR because the HDR PR has not been merged. The first PR was rejected and the second attempt is being reviewed so stay tuned.

Cheers,

LongMan

#13 wints OFFLINE  

wints

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:55 PM

Hi will this work in portable mode? cheers

#14 blublub OFFLINE  

blublub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:57 PM

Mhh OK then I go Notebook first, and htoy later. Otherwise WAF will take a hit...

Is this supposed to replace Kodi for emby in the future?

#15 sualfred OFFLINE  

sualfred

The Embuary guy

• Developers
  • 1845 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:01 PM

Emby for Kodi is made by the Emby community and the Mediaimporter stuff is by Team Kodi. Two complete different approaches and feature sets.

#16 LongMan OFFLINE  

LongMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:21 PM

As @sualfred said they are done by different people. Emby for Kodi was actually made based on the MediaImport project. The current developer wanted take a generic approach which meant a relatively long development time so Emby for Kodi was born. Bear in mind that a MediaImporter allows you to import from multiple servers at the same time. Emby is only one source. Another Kodi instance could also act as a server.

Edited by LongMan, 10 January 2020 - 03:24 PM.

#17 LongMan OFFLINE  

LongMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 03:27 PM

@wints. It's a regular Kodi build, so yes. Everything you know about kodi applies here AND you can import your Emby libraries

#18 blublub OFFLINE  

blublub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:05 AM

Hi

What is the difference from the Kodi builds in the 1st post to the current Kodi Alpha v19 builds? I primarily want to try the new HDR build for my setup and to get Emby to work with that I would also test the mediaimporter.

thx

#19 xnappo OFFLINE  

xnappo

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 4754 posts
  • Local time: 02:47 AM
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

Hi

What is the difference from the Kodi builds in the 1st post to the current Kodi Alpha v19 builds? I primarily want to try the new HDR build for my setup and to get Emby to work with that I would also test the mediaimporter.

thx

My understanding is that both are features that have not yet been merged.  Hopefully soon there will be a version with both.

#20 xnappo OFFLINE  

xnappo

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 4754 posts
  • Local time: 02:47 AM
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:41 AM

I gave this a shot, but am getting this error when I try to add my server:

https://pastebin.com/i801pHj4

My library is completely empty - will try adding a dummy.. [EDIT] added one movie, didn't help.

[EDIT 2] Posted on Kodi forum, fix in the works.  Windows MySQL issue.

Edited by xnappo, 11 January 2020 - 02:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users