Moving files lead to duplicate movie entries

stefan1983

stefan1983

Hello, I am running the latest emby server 4.3.1.0 (docker) on a Debian machine.

Since adding a new hdd to my server I decided to move some my movies from the old hdd > to the new hdd (share). After doing that, those movies show up as duplicates in emby.

Is there any way to fix that? Neither rebooting Emby nor running "database cleanup" from Emby Stats didn't change anything.

Thanks

Stefan

Edited by stefan1983

Hi there, did you run a full library scan? Sounds like maybe you just copied the files instead of moving them?

Happy2Play

Hello, I am running the latest emby server 4.3.1.0 (docker) on a Debian machine.

Since adding a new hdd to my server I decided to move some my movies from the old hdd > to the new hdd (share). After doing that, those movies show up as duplicates in emby.

Is there any way to fix that? Neither rebooting Emby nor running "database cleanup" from Emby Stats didn't change anything.

Thanks

Stefan

This has nothing to do with Emby's database, it is for EmbyStat's database.

Also note moving media like this will break Collection and require manual intervention.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Collections-%E2%80%93-Manual-Migration

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

So the only way to delete a movie is via emby itself, right?

Well all Emby apps can delete, but dependant on user configurations.

But are you sure the items were moved and not copied?  If they were moved then they should have been removed from the database, then re-added from their new location.

So the only way to delete a movie is via emby itself, right?

No, if you want to just delete the file, that's fine too. Just make sure to run a library scan after that so that Emby becomes aware of the change. Or you can just wait until the next scheduled library scan.

annisman

Make sure you go to Emby Server Library configuration and REMOVE the old HDD library path. I was getting duplicates and didn't realize Emby was pointing to a HDD location that no longer existed.

• Like 2