New Video OSD on Xbox?

MBSki

MBSki

Strange, I'm not seeing it. I'll take another look tonight. Is it only when you're in "horizontal" mode?

MBSki

Here are a couple of examples. One is Live TV and the other is a Movie. The version of the Emby Theater app i have is 1.1.276. 

post-290994-0-11203400-1576619081_thumb.jpg

post-290994-0-84917200-1576619086_thumb.jpg

MBSki

Based on the pic in the post, from what i can tell, FF, RW, skip forward, skip back, picture in picture, and full screen icons are missing. I think the 10 second and 30 second skip forward/skip back i have is good, but the biggest missing pieces are FF, RW, and picture in picture.

post-290994-0-96323600-1576619685_thumb.png

But in the Coco movie, what are you expecting to be able to skip to? You'll only see those buttons when you have multiple items in your play queue.

Try pressing play on a parent folder and then you'll see them.

MBSki

The round ones in mine skip forward 30 seconds and skip back 10 seconds. There isn't any FF (ie seek). Is there supposed to be? Using my harmony remote and pressing FF and RW doesn't do anything, so is that not a function that exists yet? Once everything is implemented I'd expect to see FF/RW, skip forward/skip back, and skip to next episode.

The round ones in mine skip forward 30 seconds and skip back 10 seconds. There isn't any FF (ie seek).

It's the same thing, different icon.

FrostByte

The 30 forward is the same as the >>.  If you change the increment in settings to something Luke doesn't have an icon for then it will look like >> and if there is an icon then it will display the number of seconds

Yea all we did was change the ff/rew icons. If you want to customize the ff/rew length you can still do that in the app's playback settings.

MBSki

Ok, I see now. But, FF and skip are 2 completely different functions. FF seeks while skip jumps ahead. >> is the standard icon for FF, not skip. Take a look at the attached from Plex. I've got >> pressed and it's going FF by 1x not skipping. I think what I probably have is a feature request to add true FF/RW unless someone has already added it.

post-290994-0-97974400-1576622017_thumb.jpg

MBSki

When I was using the skip button last night I tried holding the skip button down, and to my surprise, it started fast forwarding! Looks like I don't need a feature request. I didn't realize that the skip button was actually skip AND fast forward. That's actually a really nice design. 1 button, 2 functions. I like it!  :D

Edited by mbarylski
  • Like 1