Real time Monitoring not working

Veggav

I'm using Emby as a docker on my Unraid server.

I'm trying to make an automatic process for a Kodi embycon client using this:

CouchPotato -> Sabnzbd -> Get movie -> Emby shares it. 

This works ok if the driver I'm using is part of the array but for quick downloads I use an unassigned device with the unassigned device plugin. 

The drive is formated as XFS just like the rest of the array. 

This drive is mounted and shared over SMB.

Emby is running as with privileges and Sabnzbd sets all files it downloads as 0777.

But for some reason if I don't manually refresh my library Emby will error with this:

Any ideas?

2019-12-08 12:06:09.301 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /downloads/MOVIES
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.3.0.24
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Unix 4.19.56.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /config
	Application directory: /system
	System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/downloads/MOVIES/XXXXXX.1997.BluRay.720p.x264.DTS-MTeam.cp(tt0120338)'.
	File name: '/downloads/MOVIES/XXXXXXX.1997.BluRay.720p.x264.DTS-MTeam.cp(tt0120338)'
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 
	No Stack Trace Available

2019-12-08 12:06:09.303 Info LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path /downloads/MOVIES

The file do exist. 

I fixed it with a workaround that I wish it was not necessary. 

How I wish it would work:

CouchPotato -> Sabnzbd -> Download is complete -> Emby sees the file (in this scenario it reports error)

if I press scan library files manually this will not result in the error posted above. 

How I made it work:

CouchPotato -> Sabnzbd -> CouchPotato renamer move the file and rename it pasting in another folder -> Emby sees it, no error. 

To me this is caused because emby tries to read the file while some other process is working on it, like Sabnzbd fixing the permission or something else. 

What I think could be a good idea is give an option to retry after a few seconds. 

I mean, something like, if error is output, finish the scan and try once more after 30 seconds. 

This will not cause the scan to take much longer and would prevent this from happening. 

This could even be library dependent and could be set on advanced settings. 

Edited by Veggav

mastrmind11

The file do exist. 

I fixed it with a workaround that I wish it was not necessary. 

How I wish it would work:

CouchPotato -> Sabnzbd -> Download is complete -> Emby sees the file (in this scenario it reports error)

if I press scan library files manually this will not result in the error posted above. 

How I made it work:

CouchPotato -> Sabnzbd -> CouchPotato renamer move the file and rename it pasting in another folder -> Emby sees it, no error. 

To me this is caused because emby tries to read the file while some other process is working on it, like Sabnzbd fixing the permission or something else. 

What I think could be a good idea is give an option to retry after a few seconds. 

I mean, something like, if error is output, finish the scan and try once more after 30 seconds. 

This will not cause the scan to take much longer and would prevent this from happening. 

This could even be library dependent and could be set on advanced settings. 

This appears to be trying to identify the file before Sab has had the chance to rename and move it to it's final destination.  You should have a completed folder or something and Sab should then move the file after renaming to a directory that's in one of your Emby libraries.  You can then set Sab to notify Emby of the file and Emby will add it to the library.  That's how it's designed to work.  I doubt Emby will even be able to auto update given that iNotify doesn't work on a network mount, so you're going to have to use the Sab update script anyway.

This appears to be trying to identify the file before Sab has had the chance to rename and move it to it's final destination.  You should have a completed folder or something and Sab should then move the file after renaming to a directory that's in one of your Emby libraries.  You can then set Sab to notify Emby of the file and Emby will add it to the library.  That's how it's designed to work.  I doubt Emby will even be able to auto update given that iNotify doesn't work on a network mount, so you're going to have to use the Sab update script anyway.

Yes, this seems like it. 

What script are you talking about?

mastrmind11

There should be a post processing script that'll update emby's library with the new file info.  I don't use sab, but try googling for it.