This one seems really strange to me. Seeing as it's a fairly vanilla (so I think) h265 AAC file, I would expect it to direct play without any issues. It does in fact direct play, however it stutters. It's bizarre because:
- File direct plays on Raspberry Pi Emby Theatre, Samsung TV app and iPhone iOS app
- File plays fine on Raspberry Pi Emby Theatre and Samsung TV app
- File stutters on iPhone iOS app
- When you pause the file, wait a few seconds then play, it appears to have built up a buffer, then can play it OK for a few seconds. This sounds like network transfer speed issue.
- The file in question is 535 kbps. I tested a 2.4mbps file and it plays fine, so the network speed isn't the issue.
- When I download the file to the phone, it plays fine! The original file, not converted. So this proves the phone is able to decode the video fine.
- For reference this is how I made the file:
ffmpeg -i "File.mkv" -vcodec libx265 -acodec aac -filter:a dynaudnorm "New file.mp4"
- After inspecting the log file, when I play the stuttering file, it's filling the log file with heaps of repeated data. I think it's logging so much it's slowing the server down.
File plays OK in VLC and Plex.
Attached is a 20 sec version of the same file. (20sec.zip) The 20 second version plays fine, it's only the full episodes that start the stuttering.
Happy to PM a server log. I just can't figure out how to easily sanitise it enough.
Stuttering example.zip is a video of my phone playing the full file to show what the stuttering is.
Edited by invader, 30 November 2019 - 03:40 AM.