MBS: handle Subtitle Downloads for not yet available subtitles

jwill

jwill

MediaBrowser Server 5271 is not downloading subtitles automatically for any of my newly added TV episodes. I believe this is because MBS only automatically downloads subtitles for newly added media, and almost all of my TV episodes are added before the subtitles become available on opensubtitles.org. Note that I can manually force download of subtitles for a given episode, but I want the process to be automated.

I can think of two ways to fix this issue:

1) Whenever MBS detects the addition of a new item and a subtitle download is attempted but no subtitles are found, add the item to a subtitle queue of items for which attempts will be made to download subtitles whenever a "Scan Media Library" task runs (or else create a new scheduled task whose job is to check for subtitles available to download for all items in the subtitle queue)

2) Have a checkbox to enable a feature called "download subtitles before playing" that -- whenever a play request comes in for an item lacking subtitles -- will attempt to download subtitles and delay starting to play until the subtitle download is complete (or subtitle lookup finds nothing available).

Ideally, both options could be implemented.