Emby can't recognise music files

DJ...
Go to solution Solved by Deathsquirrel,

It is still curious that only audio files are affected, movies and tv shows under this same parent all work fine.

Since it's not currently supported, we don't really know. The system will let you try it, and in some cases it is fine, but in others it's not. But it's not officially supported and so you'll need to change up your libraries a little bit.

This is something we'd like to be able to accommodate in future updates but we're not there yet.

On 6/15/2022 at 3:34 PM, seeing111111 said:

I am having the same problem .. Emby server is running on windows 10 and audio files library is on a networked drive that happens to be on a Debian Linux server.   I specify the folder location in the Library setup as \\server\AudioBooks\folders\files.

The Embe server can see the folder/directory structure but says there are no files found, regardless of the file type (.mp3, .mp4, etc)

As an experiment I copied the entire directory structure and files to a local window location (H:\AudioBooks\folders\files).   I then setup a second Library using this location, but otherwise identical to the first library.

Result:  Embe server can see ALL the folders and files on the local drive, but cannot see the files on the remote (NAS) drive.

Hope this provides a hint to what is going wrong; I realize it is not a solution.

Hi,

This at it's core is a permission problem. If you assign it a drive letter in windows it will remember the credentials you used to access NFS. You can then use the drive letter in Emby Server for Windows.  Have you tried that?