4.3.0.26 Software Transcode

jad3675

Have you tried the other way round? That's the actual suggestion: Disable the hw decoder, leave the encoder enabled.

In this case I'm not sure though what's better. The scaling alone is taking a lot of CPU resources.

In the future we will be able to do this all in hardware.

PS: We're already doing that in the current release version - just not when the source video is 10 bit.

• Like 1

AviatorBimmer

Have you tried the other way round? That's the actual suggestion: Disable the hw decoder, leave the encoder enabled.

In this case I'm not sure though what's better. The scaling alone is taking a lot of CPU resources.

Yea, I will go with this workaround then. I will disable HVEC decoder and leave everything else enabled.

PS: We're already doing that in the current release version - just not when the source video is 10 bit.

Nice! I really can't wait for it to be working with 10 bit as well. I just dumped Plex for Emby and with HW decoding working as it should, it will make Emby PERFECT for me. I really really do like it over Plex.

As soon as this HW issue is fixed, I will be buying the Lifetime Premiere membership. Without a doubt.

BTW, I have also noticed that when doing 4K UHD transcodes, the colorspace is out of whack, as if there is no HDR -> SDR tone mapping.

Is this also going to be fixed once the HW transcode is fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AviatorBimmer

It's planned, but the first step will be to do this all in hardware.

Outstanding!

Any way I can help with beta testing? I have over 150 4K UHD rips and I would definitely love to help beta testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwhodges

Any way I can help with beta testing? 

Near the bottom of the forum list are the testing forums - the server one has a post with links to the current betas, which you can discuss in that forum.

Paul

• Like 1

AviatorBimmer

Near the bottom of the forum list are the testing forums - the server one has a post with links to the current betas, which you can discuss in that forum.

Paul

Nice! Thanks! Now to figure out which of those beta packages is the one for my Synology 1019+ lol