Multiple icons show on dashboard for camera uploads

kadorken

kadorken

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-476-emby-for-ios-updated-with-camera-upload-feature/

I put a report as a comment (inadvertently) in the blog entry above (sorry; please merge content if required). Will repeat here;

log file attached.

I just turned this on, configured the folder to my server picture folder, turned on Create a subfolder for each device. Then I updated JUST my iphone to the new IOS app and configured the Camera Upload to Servers (and only on Wifi).
After restarting the app, things started to happen. Now my home screen is showing

There are 3 Camera Uploads, and 3 Camera Uploads1 'icons' on the Home screen. Each appears to contain the same content (my uploaded pictures in process under my iphone device name, and all the other folders that are in the root folder.

5dd6d6e5c3584_MultipleCameraUpload.png

MultipleCameraUploadLog.txt

Hi there, sorry to hear about this. Try deleting the duplicates from emby library setup and see if that helps. Thanks.

kadorken

The Server->Library showed two entries: "Camera Uploads" and "Camera Uploads1"; both pointed to the same volume. I removed the "Camera Uploads1" from the server library setting. There is much activity going on (the NAS is chattering like a scalded squirrel) so will wait for the dust to settle to see what the end result is.

kadorken

My guess is somehow two simultaneous tasks got started; eventually they ran into each other (around line 891 of the log I posted), and various concurrent/key not found exceptions ensured thereafter (that is where duplicate Image processing of the same filename appears in the log. (or perhaps it is the convert media at same time as uploads ?)

Happy Hunting.

My guess is somehow two simultaneous tasks got started; eventually they ran into each other 

Yes that is what I'm thinking as well. Thanks for the info.

akbumpkin

This is happening to me as well. I've deleted the libraries, turned the camera upload option off from my device, erased any custom paths I used for the camera upload, and restarted my server. The Camera Upload libraries won't go away from my home screen, and they contain no content.

Hi, we're looking into the cause of this. In the meantime simply delete the duplicates from emby library setup. Thanks.

kadorken

One possible thought; My recollection when I first turned in on is that the IOS emby app appeared to be 'taking too long' to do something. So I terminated it (swiped it off the phone task list), and restarted it. That may have been the cause of the duplicate ?