What are the image sizes needed for Emby?

riverboat2001

riverboat2001

Having just got Affinity Photo (similar to Photoshop) I'd like to create my own Images for Emby

I've never done anything like this before, so as a basic start, On the main home screen, "live tv, movies, camera" etc, are these Thumbnails? If so, what are the recommended image size? (not mb, but in pixels)

Once I go into a library of TV shows and click on metadata for a show I see:

Primary (is this a "poster?)

Art

Banner

Logo

Thumb

Backdrops

If I create a new blank image in my editing program, What sizes do each of the above need to be?

Sorry if this is a real noob question. I did find a post from 2013, but that was for posting to the Fanart website, and it said that "Each of MB3's clients have different display sizes " For what it's worth mine is all output via Roku+ devices.  So I'm not sure if this post is still relevant.

Image sizes are not important. But you should pay attention to aspect ratios.

Primary will vary based on item type. Backdrops and thumbs are 16x9.

Banners are 1000x185

• Like 2

I've just started playing with images yesterday, and doesn't seem like the size matters too much for things like thumbnail and backgrounds. Haven't gotten to the other goodies.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
unisoft

Luke/anyone :)

So in Media Browser Folder.jpg for movies was 180wx240h at 96dpi.

This works fine in Emby, except for the SERIES under LIVE TV where it shows all the series links you have set for recording.

Instead of resizing to fit in the frame, it has gaps above and below the image in its placeholder.

I don't like to use large images because it slows down UI and you cant often get high quality large images for a number of stuff anyway.

Whats acceptable around 180wx240h - that would be the accepted aspect ratio?

Picture - Notice the ones shown that fill the placeholder are from EPG images because there are programmes in the Guide/EPG, the ones where they are wrong are in my library and its used Folder.jpg from there (which sizes properly in other areas of Emby). Giri/Haji and All Round to Mrs Brown's show the issue - the image isn't resized slightly to fit the frame.

5df641d287e2c_EmbyImageResize.jpg

Happy2Play

Luke/anyone :)

So in Media Browser Folder.jpg for movies was 180wx240h at 96dpi.

This works fine in Emby, except for the SERIES under LIVE TV where it shows all the series links you have set for recording.

Instead of resizing to fit in the frame, it has gaps above and below the image in its placeholder.

I don't like to use large images because it slows down UI and you cant often get high quality large images for a number of stuff anyway.

Whats acceptable around 180wx240h - that would be the accepted aspect ratio?

Picture - Notice the ones shown that fill the placeholder are from EPG images because there are programmes in the Guide/EPG, the ones where they are wrong are in my library and its used Folder.jpg from there (which sizes properly in other areas of Emby). Giri/Haji and All Round to Mrs Brown's show the issue - the image isn't resized slightly to fit the frame.

5df641d287e2c_EmbyImageResize.jpg

Posters/Primary images ideally 2:3.

unisoft

Posters/Primary images ideally 2:3.

Thanks so me for to resize my images using a bulk tool for 1000's, if they were 180x240, what's the resized size for them to display OK under the SERIES area?

All other areas of Emby fit the 180(w)x240(h) into the frame without borders top and bottom of the image.

Thanks.

Happy2Play

Thanks so me for to resize my images using a bulk tool for 1000's, if they were 180x240, what's the resized size for them to display OK under the SERIES area?

All other areas of Emby fit the 180(w)x240(h) into the frame without borders top and bottom of the image.

Thanks.

Emby should be covering the placeholder but I don't do LiveTV to see what the code is in that section.

But 160x240 or 180X270

unisoft

Emby should be covering the placeholder but I don't do LiveTV to see what the code is in that section.

But 160x240 or 180X270

Thank you 'Happy2Play' :)