2 replies to this topic

#1 kelly.clubb OFFLINE  

kelly.clubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Local time: 06:42 PM

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:04 PM

So I figured I'd start my own tread here since all the other playback threads are covering a variety of different issues and wanted to be more specific.

I used to have this issues with "AVI" files where when playing would random pause about 2 seconds every 30 to 60 seconds though episodes.  I do not have this issue playing the file directly and it's currently using direct play when I watch.  I use google chrome as my browser and mostly watch stuff from chrome.

When the issue happens it seems the little white buffer bar goes about 30 seconds at a time until the buffer runs out, it pauses (buffers) and then continues.  This is a MP4 file and I'm on a gigabit lan with COX Gigablast (1gbps down and 35 mbps up). The files are all on my local lan.

I attached the playback log of the one of the local files (Shadowhunters) I was having issue with.  Not limited to this file at all.  It's random.

I have a 16 thread (8 core) cpu that is not being overused at all.  In addition this server has terabytes of free disk space where any transcoding would take place.

I seem to get a lot of 14:58:48.997 Error while decoding stream #0:1: Error number -16976906 occurred which seems to indicate that I don't have enough ram but my computer has over 6 gb of free ram so I don't think that's an issue.

I did attach the log.

Notably I'm running this from a rack server.  On the note that it doesn't have any kind of fancy video card, should I maybe disable hardware acceleration and would that help this particular issue?

Attached Files

Edited by kelly.clubb, 15 November 2019 - 05:06 PM.

#2 kelly.clubb OFFLINE  

kelly.clubb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Local time: 06:42 PM

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:21 PM

I'm not 100% sure, but I went to chrome://flags and reset to default and for the time being, things seem to be working correctly.  I'll toss an update if it persists.

#3 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 148764 posts
  • Local time: 07:42 PM

Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 30 seconds, buffer, freeze

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users