I'm considering just creating html pages, linked to FTP directories, the way I want them and stop messing with media servers. I don't need all the bells, whistles, and kitchen sink in my collection. Media servers are very limited in download ability. Downloads are stuck inside the apps which make them not at all portable for my users whom are just a handful of family/friends. I don't listen to music through my TV, either. I'm usually not anywhere near the TV. If I were into video, I suppose media servers would be much more useful to me.
I apologize for starting a post that has become a monster.
So about half of my music library has been scraped and added back to the server... My thought about musicbrainz was in fact correct. It is the culprit! What i did has removed all doubt. There may be some issue with how emby interprets the Artist Tag with musicbrainz. Thats above my knowledge and pay grade. But my Artist library has NO duplicates and no rouge artist so far.
Thankfully the only thing that is messed up is the database that emby created. Until i read in the forum, at some point down the road, that the musicbrainz issues have been resolved i wont be using that for the foreseeable future.
Remove musicbrainz plug in
Remove music library
Delete all nfo files in the music library
Do a full library scan
Restart server just to make sure
Add music library back
It appears that the audiodb fetcher is not creating havoc in my new music library.
Now i would assume that results may vary. All comes down to the locally stored tags. But so far i am thrilled with my results.
This wasn't something i wanted to do, i conceded to the fact to just not use the artist option to view my music library. But after reading many recent posts on this very subject i wanted to finally say, with no doubt in my mind, it IS musicbrainz and possibly the way emby retrieves data from them. Nothing to do with my library and the many many hours i put into it.
Edited by skidmarks, 22 November 2019 - 02:16 AM.