Ideas for new Channels

Spaceboy

MndWrp

Has anyone ever suggested tou.tv .. Its a French site with lots of stuff, i would use that channel a lot

• 5 weeks later...
snazy2000

Looks very promising and would mean would not need external files :).i havent seen this before is it new?.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

still willing to donate the sub to get spotify working, just waiting for the request and details

snazy2000

I am going to start taking alook at the api and start creating an .net api which works the jsonserilizer inside mediabrowser instead of using third party :) shouldnt be much different to the current .net libray. Will start looking tonight :)

• Like 3

I am going to start taking alook at the api and start creating an .net api which works the jsonserilizer inside mediabrowser instead of using third party :) shouldnt be much different to the current .net libray. Will start looking tonight :)

If i had more time, i would help. It's something i also want. :)

But time is not my friend for the moment....

• Like 1

snazy2000

I made start on the authentication side of things last night woth excisting libray so can get gist of everything working :). The way the api works is that every user will need to make a application inside spotify developer area becuaee the callback urls are need to be whitelisted i coukd whitelist localhost:8096 but people change there ports so that wouldnt be practical. But its not a huge problem :)

snazy2000

There is a kind of big issue...

No, there's currently no way to play the full song using the Web API.

I am only able to fetch 30 second preview of the song :/

Beardyname

There is a kind of big issue...

I am only able to fetch 30 second preview of the song :/

What good is an API if you can't use it ? aka what do they have the api for it it's useless ?

snazy2000

The web api is used for sites that only need 30 second preview or the.meta data for music etc good for certain things but not what is needed in this case we need to use the libspotify i think but need to do.more research on it.

Spaceboy

i remember having to do something with libspotify to get this working on other clients, can't remember which, most likely it was spotimc the spotify app for xbmc. pretty sure i needed a rasp pi specific version

snazy2000

Yeah im going to take a look at xbmc and plez versions from quick glance they have a server setup for handle the track playback becuasebthe sdk doesnt support playback :S seems very hacky to me and feels like if spotify dont have it nativly in.there api yhen is is allowed.. might throw them.an email asking.best way to go about it

chef

No. We are continuing to look into it but, in the past both downloading YT content and playing it in any player other than their own were strictly forbidden.

I really like how appleTV does Youtube. They must have to have a special

Subscription with Google regarding the service. But it would be nice to monitor the lastest GTA Online game glitches from the comfort of my Media Browser ;)

danswan

Hi @@snazy2000. Great work on the other channels so far. I remember a few months back you were looking into a BBC Iplayer channel, did you manage to get any further forward with that? It's the one thing that's holding my wife back from endorsing MB3 so it's a big deal for me :)

Macburp

Hi @@snazy2000. Great work on the other channels so far. I remember a few months back you were looking into a BBC Iplayer channel, did you manage to get any further forward with that? It's the one thing that's holding my wife back from endorsing MB3 so it's a big deal for me :)

+1 for this :)

snazy2000

Issue is there so many channels that some just get pushed back and iPlayer is one of them as its such a big project. It is on my to do list though :)

SikSlayer

I'm not sure if these were discussed prior (I have some memory of it, but maybe I just imagined it)....but Ustream and VaughnLive would be great, useful additions.

porkbone

Hi @@snazy2000, first off I want to say Thank You for all the work you have done with the channels plug ins. I use them a lot and feel it has added so much to the usefulness of MB3!

Not sure how you would do this, but there is a channel here in the states called FreeSpeech TV that has their live feed streaming on the front page of their website. It's available for free in the Roku store, so maybe there is a way make it a channel for MB3. I figure you are the man to ask.

Thanks again!

Hi snazy. Just wondering whether the sky go plugin we discussed in another thread could possibly become a channel?

• 2 weeks later...
snazy2000

for anyone that is intrested i have been working on playback for iplayer plugin 

Been investigating what is needed to get it to work and in a test plugin i managed to get it to work! 

Now to make the rest of it work and put it all together :)

2014-09-13_1234.png

• Like 6

Deathsquirrel

If there were channels for the daily show, the colbert report, and MSNBC I'd never launch stupid Plex again.  Then everyone in this house could focus their hate on "f-ing HULU" as we call it.

The  HULU UI designers should all be strung up and horse-whipped. 

• 1 month later...
Macburp

for anyone that is intrested i have been working on playback for iplayer plugin 

Been investigating what is needed to get it to work and in a test plugin i managed to get it to work! 

Now to make the rest of it work and put it all together :)

2014-09-13_1234.png

Any more news on the BBC iPlayer channel?

The BBC today withdrew RSS support from Iplayer, knocking out functionality for the XBMC plug-in and a lot of get_iplayer functionality. The Beeb are bringing up something called 'Nitro' 'in the newxt few months' as a form of replacement. How does this impact work on the channel?

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/feeds