Ideas for new Channels

Spaceboy

MrWebsmith

Also willing to donate some gift cards if needed to help with channel development. Developers can PM me and I'll help as I am able to.

same here i will donate a gc sub to dev use.. let me know who still needs some green ;)

• Like 1

Tim Hobbs

You need a subscription to use the Spotify API and external applications

Ah, I see. I guess they figure that is an alternative to making the end users pay? Seems a bit backwards...

snazy2000

They make users pay for no ads and ability to use play any song on mobile device instead of shuffle.

Also allows the user to download music for offline mode :)

LASooner

The biggest issue so far I'm finding with the channels is that you can't jump ahead in the stream. I have a bunch a TWiT shows in the podcast channel that I can jump ahead as I watch it, but if I use the TWiT channel, I can't skip ahead in the stream. Same with all the other channels I've tried. Is this something that can be done? If I go to the individual websites, I can scrub to a spot where I want to start streaming from.

• Like 1

snazy2000

It's becuase it's not possible for us to fetch the duration becuase the website doesn't show it. Most websites don't have api.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

blade005

http://video.pbs.org/

Would enjoy seeing a PBS Video channel. Great informational, educational, entertainment and arts performances from within the MediaBrowser UI experience (MBC, MBT, Android, WebUI) would be a nice addition.

• Like 1

snazy2000

I've applied for a pbs partner key so will have to wait for that before can start work :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Vidman

A South park channel

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

I believe the xbmc plugin uses www.southpark.de to stream episodes Edited by Vidman

Canucksfan

Just an idea but is their any site or way to show sports scores like from espn.com, i remember windows media center had a built in score board, but i never could find one when i was using xbmc awhile back. 

Yogi

Forgot about this thread and made a feature request here.

Don't know if this is possible or not.Would be neat ot incoroporate into mediabrowser.

Koleckai Silvestri

While improbable that it will ever happen, an Ultraviolet channel would be nice. Yeah very improbable but had to throw it out there.

Flixster, Newsy, AOL News, HuffPost News would also be nice.

Lots of good ideas. we need another snazy though if they're all to happen. you guys can all contribute via external recruiting.

• Like 1

Macburp

I notice the ITV channel has arrived, sneaked in under the radar though, please make a fuss about it! :) Seems to work well so far from the brief go I've had with it

• 2 weeks later...
danswan

I notice the ITV channel has arrived, sneaked in under the radar though, please make a fuss about it! :) Seems to work well so far from the brief go I've had with it

Seems great, one thing that surprised me is the lack of ads, tried to watch the world cup online on itv.com in the summer and they were unavoidable

snazy2000

Glad your all enjoying it :).hopefully it v done change there website for while lol

MndWrp

Maybe Ultraviolet? (I have no idea if that is even possible the way is distributed via various sites like flixter, vudu.. etc)

Koleckai Silvestri

Ultraviolet would be really cool. Unfortunately, I don't see Sony or the MPAA going long with that. They require lots or security and DRM.

swhitmore

Any chance you could please have a look at the Australian ABC iView?

• Like 1

snazy2000

I quote ultraviolet developer pages

Companies participating in UltraViolet must pay annual fixed license fees. Certain roles also pay usage fees.

Most roles pay US $50,000 per year per territory, with a cap of $150,000.

Client implementers pay $75,000 per year for a worldwide license, plus $0.25 each time one of their players is registered to an account.

Each transaction resulting in placement of a rights token costs $0.25 for a long-form movie or $0.02 for a short-form TV show, split between the retailer and the content provider. Each stream costs $0.01.

Usage fees are capped at $250,000 per year. Companies taking multiple roles must pay the fixed license fee for each role, capped worldwide at a total of $300,000.

A special partner developer license, which allows companies to develop products or components only for full licensees, costs $5,000 annually.

Small companies (annual gross revenue <$100M) pay only 20% of fixed fees but have

MndWrp

Geez... Ultraviolet is already a pain to use, they're not helping their case.. I retract my suggestion