Ideas for new Channels

Spaceboy

Koleckai Silvestri

Is there a Youtube plugin yet?

Not at the moment. There are CNET, Podcasts, Revision3, Soundcloud, TWiT, Trailers (Apple), Twitch, Vimeo and Bleeg (adult).

If people are looking for ideas, Spotify, Pandora, and IHeartRadio would be good ones if possible.

• Like 1

The thing with the package delivery of MB plugins is that it only allows for one file which is the single plugin dll file

If sub-assemblies are required, they can be embedded in the main assembly.  However, we do try to avoid sub-assemblies due to the compatibility issues.

How can I do that? I have a premium sub

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

does spotify have gift cards, or gift memberships?

Spaceboy

does spotify have gift cards, or gift memberships?

How long would you need, 1 or 3 months? I'd need to buy it from your countries spotify store as well but happy to do this

I'm UK

Edited by Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Also it's cheeky but is it not possible to lean on the xbmc plugin?

Also it's cheeky but is it not possible to lean on the xbmc plugin?

Sure, as a reference, but not as the basis for development.

snazy2000

One thing about Spotify they use a C++ libray for there SDK. There are C# wrappers but doesnt that mean we still need to embed the lib sdk file @@Luke?

Koleckai Silvestri

Perhaps those who would like spotify would be willing to donate a few subscriptions for snazy and other team members to get it developed.

Also willing to donate some gift cards if needed to help with channel development. Developers can PM me and I'll help as I am able to.

• Like 3

One thing about Spotify they use a C++ libray for there SDK. There are C# wrappers but doesnt that mean we still need to embed the lib sdk file @@Luke?

Yea that's tricky for the linux and osx releases. How much c++?

JohnVee

A Spotify channel would be great! I think a lot of people would really enjoy that.

All my favorites have already been made: Revision3, CNET and TWiT. Thank you guys for making them.

The only other plugin that I miss coming from XBMC, was the "bestofyoutube.com" It was very entertaining :)

Only the top rated clips were pulled in, with something different every day.

Another site that is similar to this is VitaminL.tv

I think this one pulls top rated videos from all over the web...Not just from YouTube.

Would either one of these be possible to make?

snazy2000

I started to look at spotify but as I don't have a subscription it's not possible for me to create it atm :(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

techywarrior

Yea that's tricky for the linux and osx releases. How much c++?

Perhaps now is a good time to think about this. But if this is/may be an issue with other channels/plugins perhaps there should be flags for Windows, Linux, OS X and plugins should mark which they are compatible with. Then the server can filter by the OS it is running on.

Absolutely not.. Plugins need to be compatible. There's always an exception but certainly not an important one such as Spotify. It just means it will be more work. We might have to write a fully managed version of the sdk. But it's doubtful that we need all of it anway.

• Like 1

Perhaps those who would like spotify would be willing to donate a few subscriptions for snazy and other team members to get it developed.

• Like 3

snazy2000

The thing with the package delivery of MB plugins is that it only allows for one file which is the single plugin dll file

If their api is documented on the website then we don't really need anything.

Spaceboy

How can I do that? I have a premium sub

Tim Hobbs

Spotify is pretty much free now, and I think you only need a facebook account to login. I don't pay anything but I can use spotify, I just have to listen to the occasional add every so often.

EDIT: I guess I should also mention I am in the US, so that may be part of it as well.

Edited by Tim Hobbs