Photo

Summary info and web links in Music library items on iOS not displayed?

Best Answer Luke , 21 November 2019 - 10:45 AM

We'll review this in an upcoming update to the app. Thanks. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jlambie OFFLINE  

jlambie

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Local time: 05:36 PM

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:04 PM

Hi

Newbie here. I set up my libraries as advised for different media, and all is looking good in the web app. However in the iOS app (on both iPhone and iPad) the overview info for albums which I meticulously added in the web app isn’t visible at all. Ditto the web links - Music Brainz, Audio dB etc. They are displayed for all items in my movies and TV shows libraries in iOS but not for any music items at all other than in the web app. So I was wondering:

- Maybe these things just don’t display for music libraries on iOS? (e.g. due to space constraints in the page layout?)
- Maybe I have inadvertently done something I wasn’t aware of or intended to do in the settings? I can’t see that I have done though, but then I probably did tick stuff thinking I understood it. Such is life.

On the subject of the album summaries, I have noticed that even if I have split text into paragraphs, in the web app it is only represented as one solid continuous text block? Is this just how it is or is this a known issue?

Thanks!

Edited by jlambie, 13 November 2019 - 07:24 PM.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142514 posts
  • Local time: 12:36 PM

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:05 PM

Hi, it's the same user interface so they should be there. Can you show a screenshot to demonstrate? Thanks.

#3 jlambie OFFLINE  

jlambie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:15 AM

Thanks Luke, much appreciated.

Attached are the screenshots from firstly the web app and then iPhone. I will have another look at my settings meantime to see if I can figure it out.

#4 jlambie OFFLINE  

jlambie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:16 AM

Thanks Luke, much appreciated.

Attached are the screenshots from firstly the iPhone and then the web app. I will have another look at my settings meantime to see if I can figure it out.

Attached Files

Edited by jlambie, 14 November 2019 - 04:17 AM.

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142514 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:49 PM

What about the web app on the same device?

#6 jlambie OFFLINE  

jlambie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:20 PM

What about the web app on the same device?

Can’t believe I didn’t think of this.

So, still no overviews or web links in the music library on the web app for both iPhone and iPad. This is the same using both Chrome and Safari.

Things work as expected on the web app though on both a Windows PC and laptop. Also web links and overviews are present in the music libraries on the Fire TV Stick app.

In other words, the common denominator seems to be both the iOS app and the web app on iOS. Hmmm.

I don’t get why this is only affecting the music libraries though and definitely not movies or TV shows. I have checked again on my music library settings - there’s nothing that jumps out at me, but I will post them separately.

Thanks again.

#7 jlambie OFFLINE  

jlambie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:29 PM

I have attached screenshots for the settings in my music library in case I have made an obvious error, but I still don’t get why this is only an issue on iOS for both the iOS app and the web app. I have looked in the iOS settings, will keep looking.Attached File  9BC1F631-D82E-4CEA-AECA-E03B2EFC2B46.png   430.81KB   0 downloadsAttached File  82FF6215-5FE0-47FF-A0F1-A7A3290B3DC7.png   466.09KB   0 downloadsAttached File  4B4DBD47-3577-4AD4-BC60-5E7D169B7474.png   447.41KB   0 downloads

#8 jlambie OFFLINE  

jlambie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:02 PM

Hi,

Any more help on this? Would be grateful, thanks. 

#9 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142514 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 10:04 PM

Yes I remember this now. We hid the overview from mobile layouts a while ago due to complaints about having to scroll down to get to the songs. In other words, complaints that it takes longer to just quickly browse and play. So yes we can bring it back, but we have to think about how that will happen first. Thanks.

• jlambie likes this

#10 jlambie OFFLINE  

jlambie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:18 AM

That’s good to know - thanks Luke. I wouldn’t be averse to scrolling down myself to get to the overview and the links.

#11 jlambie OFFLINE  

jlambie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:55 AM

Actually, I would be happy - in the absence of having the overviews accessible in iOS - to have the web links to Music Brainz available, if nothing else. Is that doable?

Thanks!

#12 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142514 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:45 AM   Best Answer

We'll review this in an upcoming update to the app. Thanks.
  • jlambie likes this

#13 jlambie OFFLINE  

jlambie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:21 PM

Thanks Luke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users