Never resume

firewater

firewater

I'm looking for a way to disable the popup menu that asks whether to resume playback position or start from the beginning, while also having "Show info" as Kodi's default playback action. This would mean to either always resume, or never resume, once the video is selected to play. Either works for me, but I can't find an option to do it.

TeamB

Which add-on are you using?

I know in EmbyCon you can do this.

In Emby for Kodi I think you should be able to do this is you are using native mode, you selected this in the initial setup or when you reset the db. If you are uing dd-on mode I dont know sorry.

firewater

Forgot to mention it, I'm using Emby for Kodi with Direct Path. I think it would be logical not to prompt the menu by default in this case since I don't think it's possible for direct path to resume the position anyway.

Angelblue05

Forgot to mention it, I'm using Emby for Kodi with Direct Path. I think it would be logical not to prompt the menu by default in this case since I don't think it's possible for direct path to resume the position anyway.

The only way to do that is to change the default action to resume in the kodi settings > media playback I think > change default action.

firewater

I understand, but the skin I've created is entirely based on having the show info action present, and it doesn't include a context menu (its .xml is not coded because I don't use it). What happens then is if I start a movie on some other Emby instance, I can't resume it on my Kodi one (since the context menu for playback position is not there, the movie just doesn't get to the part of the code that makes it start). I realize this is a specific case, but being that direct path can't ever resume playback position (as it relies on an external player, presumably), could the plugin be updated so that the context menu is never triggered if direct path is utilized?  

Another option would be if I could tell Emby to never resume any movies anywhere, is that possible?

sualfred

Sorry, I don't get it either.

The context menu is 100% required and has to be available in every skin. You cannot drive a car without wheels.

Edit:

If you really want to play a movie without having the contextmenu/resume dialog involved you have to wirte a small Python script that is triggering the playback start via xbmc.Player().Play() or via JSON RPC without adding a resume positon as parameter. These two methods are ignoring the resume state and directly start the playback while xbmc.PlayMedia() is not.

Edited by sualfred

firewater

I realize it's an obtuse case, but it's actually not literally required... at least as far as Kodi working, I'm sure it'd be enforced by the org were I to upload it somewhere. It's a custom skin for "kiosk" use, not meant to be installed by users. I couldn't have made it if I had to code the context menu (and all the other .xml which aren't included), since as you know this is all very time consuming, and I can only allocate space to work on some of the stuff.

I'm also at an odd position were I'm actually not a coder, in case that was implied. I understand the syntax of the Kodi .xml and can code a skin to a fairly decent state, but involving other languages is out of my scope. From what I gather, I could modify "DialogVideoInfo.xml" so that I swap the line that enters the video "<onclick>SendClick(8)</onclick>" with one which activates a script that enters the video without resume, but what that script content's be I don't know.

As far as a suggestion goes, could you consider implementing a no-resume/xbmc.Player().Play() as the default action when direct path is used?

sualfred

A context menu window is mandatory. Create your own python script, add it to your "Kiosk" setup and don't use button 8 in the info dialog and run the script instead. This control ID is handling be the Kodi core and always will prompt for a resume dialog. That's why I say a context menu is required.

Or switch to EmbyCon, it has a "never resume" option as far as I know.