channel logos

bob808

LehighBri

I'm working on resolving this for the next server release. In the meantime, I would not attempt such procedures.

Wanted to bump this.  Any update on when to expect this to be resolved?  I also have channel logos in WMC that show up fine there and also in XBMC (via serverwmc plugin), but I don't see any in the MB3 web UI (version 3.0.5289.18702 on windows)

• 1 month later...
fantaxp7

FYI this was the only way for me to get channel logos to work.

I believe I found a slight work around for the time being. 

1. shut down MediaBrowser
  2. go to the "Data" Folder
  3. Rename "LIbrary.db"
  4. Start MediaBrowser
  5. drink (due to it taking awhile to rebuild)
  6. Once Library is rebuilt.  Go to "LiveTV" and "Regresh Guide Data"
  7. Enjoy logo's

krustyreturns

If you post your serverwmc log I can check that to at least see if it found the channel icons installed in wmc.  Or you can look yourself, do a search for: CheckChannelIcons>

2014/08/17 10:18:53.393 CheckChannelIcons> Channel icons successfully processed: 339  (epg: 339,  user: 0)

• 2 weeks later...
LehighBri

Wanted to bump this.  Any update on when to expect this to be resolved?  I also have channel logos in WMC that show up fine there and also in XBMC (via serverwmc plugin), but I don't see any in the MB3 web UI (version 3.0.5289.18702 on windows)

Thought I'd bump this again.  Is there a rough timeframe as to when this would be available?  I'm up to Version 3.0.5347.22095 and I still have the same issue with no logos appearing in MBS (but they appear just fine in XBMC).

• 1 month later...
LehighBri

I'm working on resolving this for the next server release. In the meantime, I would not attempt such procedures.

Thought I'd bump this.  Can any of the MBS devs comment on if this is something that might be implemented anytime soon?

BATTLE DONKEY

Thought I'd bump this. Can any of the MBS devs comment on if this is something that might be implemented anytime soon?

Because its not something that is completely breaking the live TV plugin its probably not exactly a priority and further down on the "to do list".

You can always click the individual channels, edit, and add ur own channel icons? Depending how many channels u have it may be only a few minutes of work and it will be done with

LehighBri

Because its not something that is completely breaking the live TV plugin its probably not exactly a priority and further down on the "to do list".

You can always click the individual channels, edit, and add ur own channel icons? Depending how many channels u have it may be only a few minutes of work and it will be done with

Agree... it's definitely not a priority, was just curious on where this was left off given it sounded like it was targeted for a recent release.  I do have 100+ channels so would rather avoid the manual approach.  My logos show up great in WMC and XBMC, was just hoping to have everything in sync with MBS as well.

krustyreturns

Channel logos work for me with swmc/mbs. Assuming logos are still working for you with xbmc/mbs have you looked to see if MBS says there is an error with the channel logo?

LehighBri

Channel logos work for me with swmc/mbs. Assuming logos are still working for you with xbmc/mbs have you looked to see if MBS says there is an error with the channel logo?

No errors that I'm aware of.  And I really don't want to blow out my library just to get logos since I'm assuming I would lose my watched/resume settings.  Not having logos isn't the end of the world, it just seems like there's some issue that can be prioritized low to fix at some point.

Spaceboy

There's a tool coming soon that will allow you to backup and restore all user settings including play states and when if restores it re sets up the library. Sounds worth a try

• Like 1

LehighBri

Quick update.  I just upgraded to the new server 3.0.5395.0 version, restarted the MBS service, and went to the live tv guide in MBS, and all of a sudden channel logos are appearing!  I didn't touch anything else or do anything to my library since the previous stable version.  So looks like something was done in this latest release.  All set... thanks to whatever was done to fix this!

krustyreturns

Thanks for the update.  I hope we have seen the last thread on missing channel logos...