channel logos

bob808

bob808

Where does mediabrowser take the channel logos from for livetv?  I have setup a test with the winmce plugin, but as I am not using windows MCE I didn't setup logos in the MCE guide.  Is it MCE guide sourced, or is there a way to map logos to channels?

I am a mediaportal user today and prefer this for livetv until there is a working option in MBT - but will keep testing as things develop.  It feels like a cludge to go from Mediaportal tvserver to dvblink-mce-mediabrowser, but I do like the direction of the mediabrowser platform.

bob808

I am not sure I follow you Luke...  In my test setup I have dvblogic feeding 4 sat tuners into mce.  This provides MCE with the guide and decryption for my sat setup.  Then the channels come into MB-Server.

I don't have any logos at the moment coming through - is there anything I need to do to enable this?

Spaceboy

I use my channel logos XL to inject them into wmc, they then just come through into mb3. MCL XL is a paid for program though. Dvblink does not have this functionality, it relies upon the client

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

Not at all expensive. Xbmc allows the attachment of channel logos directly within the client as well

silverscout

@@Spaceboy

does this work with serverWMC and MB3?  I got MCL XL.  I see the logo's in WMC but not in MB.  Maybe it I forgot to do something? I did take some melatonin before doing this. (before you cast judgement.. it is a sleeping aid, really.. I swear.. :D   )

krustyreturns

If you see the logos in wmc, you should see them in mbs' clients.  If you were running mbs without channel logos and then you added channel logos to wmc it seems to take a while for mbs to find them (at least in my experience).  If nothing you do works, post the serverwmc log and I can at least tell you if swmc imported them okay.

silverscout

I will check tonight (when I get home).  this would give the server roughly 24 hrs.  :)  it could have been slower as I was running handbrake at the same time.. Boy does that eat CPU..  

silverscout

So as you can see the logo's are missing.  (I am on the beta release).  also, about half the time the thing only loads about 50% view of the screen. 

539a7664c02bc_Untitled.png

ServerWMC.log

Spaceboy

I just went back and looked at my install, I'm not really using it at present, still need live tv support in MBT to bring it all together. There does seem to be a problem with images coming through from wmc. I just had to reset up MCL XL and I've got the icons showing in wmc, also in the folder within the serverwmc temp folder but nothing has come through to mbs yet. Could be taking time to refresh the cache but I don't get any artwork for the recordings. I'll check back later but may be having the same problem. I moved to using the dev builds recently though so this could explain it

krustyreturns

According to the serverwmc log the icons were imported successfully from wmc

silverscout

I believe I found a slight work around for the time being. 

1. shut down MediaBrowser
  2. go to the "Data" Folder
  3. Rename "LIbrary.db"
  4. Start MediaBrowser
  5. drink (due to it taking awhile to rebuild)
  6. Once Library is rebuilt.  Go to "LiveTV" and "Regresh Guide Data"
  7. Enjoy logo's

Spaceboy

So is there an issue that this will fix? Will rebuilding the library like this mean I lose playstates?

Gronnie

I had the same problem with channel logos not appearing in MB3. I had to go into the metadata manager and hit refresh on each and every channel and then they would show up.

Spaceboy

I still have no icons or artwork for the programs. It was working, manual refresh not really an option for 224 channels and is it confirmed this will solve the program art?

krustyreturns

@@Spaceboy

I think this solution will solve your channel and problem images, however I don't know if other data you have gathered, like your playstates, will be lost if you do this.  So please do a backup.  Actually when I have done this I go even a step further than @silverscount and I blow away all the saved images too.  

Spaceboy

So I can just rename library.db and rename back if it doesn't work? That sounds ok

I'm working on resolving this for the next server release. In the meantime, I would not attempt such procedures.

• Like 1

Gronnie

I still have no icons or artwork for the programs. It was working, manual refresh not really an option for 224 channels and is it confirmed this will solve the program art?

I have over 200 channels, it took maybe 10-15 minutes to go down through each one and hit refresh.

Spaceboy

It was more the fact that it wasn't confirmed to solve the problem I was worried about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

So refreshing channels sorts the channel icon but does nothing for program artwork. I'll wait for the server fix, no rush.