Emby Convert options?

Bigmack3000

Bigmack3000

Some of this stuff goes over my head, but what exactly would the comparable settings be in Handbrake for Emby Convert?  Is it just a straight forward compression at the selected bitrate?  Also, is there a way to choose to keep subtitles, and only do a passthru on the audio?

PenkethBoy

Handbrake has numerous options above what Emby has now

why do you want to compare emby with Handbrake?

Whats your goal for a conversion?

Bigmack3000

I'm pretty happy with the quality of the emby converts I've tested at 12mbps, but they run faster than when I go by Constant Quality in handbrake.  Just wanted to see what the handbrake setting would be to compare it.

Bigmack3000

Hey just giving this a quick bump.  Are there any preset filters or anything with Emby convert?  I'm just wondering how it's converting when I use it.

Happy2Play

I guess you could look at the transcode log in logs folder.  The presets are mobile and tv.  Or you can customize container, video codec, audio codec and quality bitrate as seen on the conversion screen.

But you are going to need to be more specific on what your are expecting in a preset.

I'm pretty happy with the quality of the emby converts I've tested at 12mbps, but they run faster than when I go by Constant Quality in handbrake.  Just wanted to see what the handbrake setting would be to compare it.

I would take a look at the settings under Download & Sync in the server dashboard. With the upcoming 4.3 release there will be a new separate section for conversions.

Bigmack3000

Or you can customize container, video codec, audio codec and quality bitrate as seen on the conversion screen.

But you are going to need to be more specific on what your are expecting in a preset.

I'm guessing this part is only viewable in the new 4.3?  I only have the choice for mobile/tv and then bitrate.

Basically my curiosity is if any of these type of filters are auto applied with the Emby convert:

5dc8d21b87aa9_ScreenShot20191110at101326

I would take a look at the settings under Download & Sync in the server dashboard. With the upcoming 4.3 release there will be a new separate section for conversions.

Yea, I might check out the beta of this to see how those options are.

Oh, I did also notice that chapter markers are not copied over in the current conversion.  Is that changed in 4.3?

No, but that's something that can be looked at. Thanks.

Bigmack3000

Ok. It's not the biggest problem.  I can use mkvtoolnix to take them off the original mkv and add them to the new one, but it'd be nice if they copied over with it.

Bigmack3000

How does Emby convert currently handle films with multiple versions?  When you select convert, will it do so for all versions?

It's exactly what I said, no matter what purpose you are using multi version for. Yes more options are possible for the future. Thanks.

• 10 months later...
fcimeson

I think the standard options should be fine for most users but it would be nice to offer a non-gui option for customizing what the defaults mean.