Fix menus

levander

levander

Since iOS 13 the menus in emby on iPad behaves wildly and unpredictably (image edit, metadata edit, libraries pull down menus..). That happens with stable and beta emby app. Also left side menu of Dashboard is too much often unresponsive on touch ( that is an old issue but it seems worse than ever on latest beta). 

Also left side menu of Dashboard is too much often unresponsive on touch ( that is an old issue but it seems worse than ever on latest beta).

Noticed this too in beta, selecting a menu item on left side (when on Dashboard page) sometimes doesn't result in opening menu item page change on right side.

Seems the option to swipe from left to right, from left edge of screen, to show the pane with "Home, My Downloads, My Media, Admin" menu items, interferes the Dashboard page.

Doing so turns the screen in a dimmed state, with no pane shown (but still with Dashboard Menu items on left and Menu content on right), leaving the UI in a unresponsive state until you undim the screen by swiping from right to left near left edge of screen. So selecting a Menu item, could accidentally trigger the dimmed state I described, because the interface reacts too sensitive.

So when in Dashboard, the option to swipe from left to right, from left edge of screen should be disabled,because it doesn't bring up the pane (Home, My Downloads, My Media, Admin etc) on that page or an other solution must be incorporated for UI workflow.

Edited by Senna

levander

Can you give an example?

Senna excellently explained the problem with Dashboard. 

The menus I mentioned are ones that you open with long press on move cover and then they do not open on entire screen but only on upper half of screen (all the way up beyond the upper edge of screen). They should open on entire screen  

levander

Today’s beta is again having same  issues I described with opening menus only on upper part of the screen on iPad (previous beta update seemed to fix this by opening menu over whole page). 

Edited by levander