Not updating watched shows through Kodi.

Zekeman

Angelblue05

Other users that have this issue, I wonder if they are on Krypton as well. But I just pushed a fix for it. This time, just restart Kodi, it should pick up on the patch to correct this. There's a good chance updating to Kodi Leia would also correct this. Let me know, thanks!

This is the reason stuff is not working right: Player.OnPlay is being triggered somehow out of the blue after playback has long started and that queues up a bad entry and from then on, it messes up the playback detection. How are you starting playback? From widget? Playlist? library?

19:07:14.106 T:149309871344  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.monitor -> [ xbmc/Player.OnSpeedChanged ]19:07:16.614 T:149312992496  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.19:07:16.614 T:149312992496  NOTICE: EMBY.hooks.monitor -> -->[ q:monitor/ReportProgressRequested ]19:07:24.861 T:149312992496  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.19:07:24.861 T:149312992496  NOTICE: EMBY.hooks.monitor -> -->[ q:monitor/Player.OnPlay ]19:07:24.862 T:149309871344  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.monitor -> [ xbmc/Player.OnSpeedChanged ]19:07:24.862 T:149312992496  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.monitor ->  [ play ] kodi_id: 5399 media: episode
Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Zekeman

Angeblue,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! This has seemed to fix this issue. Also to your answer, I am using Amber skin and I use the widgets to launch the media. The main reason I did not upgrade to Leah was because, I am certain that Amber has not gotten support in Leah yet (I could be wrong, I am a creature of habit)

I hope this helps anyone else with this issue! I am a loyal emby supporter forever!

Edited by Zekeman
  • Like 1

Zekeman

@@Angelblue05

Sorry to be a pain. Only issue I'm having now is when I return to Kodi after a long period of time, the media again isn't recognized via emby server dash. I have to stop and start it, is there a possible fix to this??

Thanks!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

No worries, I appreciate you taking the time to report stuff that's not working right.

Can you provide your log capturing this? What do you mean by "return to Kodi after a long period of time", like waking the device from sleep?

• Like 1

Zekeman

That is really strange. It seems connected to your server still, but the regular stuff isn't happening as it should. Please recreate this using this build. Trying to see where it's getting stuck.

Angel,

Think this has definitely fixed the issues at hand! Thank you so much, I doubt anymore issues will arise but if so I will let you know!!!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Really? Hmm ok I will make a new build at some point, keep me posted if the issue comes back.

There was one change I added but it was mostly logging. Interesting.

Zekeman

@@Zekeman

Looks like there was a typo right after the fix. Here you go, this should work correctly. Sorry.

Thanks again I will report back if any issues... I threw you a "couple cups" of coffee for everything!!! Not sure if you got it..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Zekeman

@@Angelblue05

Sorry to bother you again... after this last emby for kodi addon, I am having the same issue where one box is not reporting correctly to what is being played in emby server. Not sure what was changed to cause this.

Angelblue05

Are you able to revert back to see if indeed the latest build did break it? I have not changed the fix, it is still there.

You can revert back via sideloading. Kodi > addons > install from zip > kodi emby > public testing > 4.1.16.

Keep me posted, thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
Zekeman

@Angelblue05

Sorry I never reported back, but I am still getting the issue with the syncs.... But this could for me because of the emby update?

When I play any media after returning to the kodi system for a few hours or longer, then attempt to play media, its takes me about 4 or 5 restarts for it to show streaming in the emby server console.... Which messes with the syncs on the other kodi dashboards if I don't realize that it isn't streaming via emby server itself to begin with.

Even the .16 build is doing it now as well.... any suggestions to get this to work nicer with Emby for Kodi....