Not updating watched shows through Kodi.

Zekeman

Zekeman

Im on server 4.2.1.0 and have 2 main boxes I watch emby on via Kodi (One on a fire cube and one on a Shield), Issue having is that when I'm done a show (either box) its not either updating via Emby server the show has been fully watched (Ill have a partial watch a lot and the other media box doesn't even update at all what was watched on the other box). Been having this issue personally since migrating to 4.x never had this issue with 3.x and yes these are brand new wipes on both boxes (shield only ever had 4.x communication) and the 4.x server is a brand new install to be safe from scratch.

Anyone else having these issues? (I am viewing them native path) if that helps....

Zekeman

Hi, are you watching using the emby for Kodi add-on?

Yes sir... Thanks for response, and both are on same version of kodi add-on.

Zekeman

Sure,

I have two "Emby - Kodi Setups" A & B.

I can watch something on A and it can end but on the actuall emby server it only shows half watched, On "B" Setup it doesn't show watched at all. On the "A" setup (original watched) it does update as watched.

This can happen vice versa.... Not sure if its something Emby Server itself isnt  updating but usually only shows partials of the show/movie even though the setup has completed it.

Zekeman

Luke, not sure what you mean regarding a specific example? basically i watch any media on kodi and it doesnt properly update with emby server.....

Luke, not sure what you mean regarding a specific example? basically i watch any media on kodi and it doesnt properly update with emby server.....

@@Zekeman, right, so please pick one and let's go over it in detail. Thanks.

Angelblue05

There’s a new update for emby for kodi. please try 4.1.15 and report back if the issue persists.

Edited by Angelblue05

Zekeman

There’s a new update for emby for kodi. please try 4.1.15 and report back if the issue persists.

@@Angelblue05 Just reporting the issue is still happening but not all the time, now seems that is half and half issue. Sometimes the emby server will update the shows progress and sometimes it doesnt even register its even playing. To be honest I have had this issue since finally going to 4.X. This is a brand new server to not an upgrade or migrate. I never had this issue with 3.x so not sure what could have changed for this to act like this for me.

Just to recap both media players are running same version of kodi and same version of emby for kodi. And Emby server is on the current lated stable build.

Thanks, I'd like to get this sorted out.

Edited by Zekeman

Angelblue05

I think I’ll need to see your Kodi log capturing this, and let me know of the title that didn’t update correctly too.

Zekeman

I think I’ll need to see your Kodi log capturing this, and let me know of the title that didn’t update correctly too.

Its not a specific title, it is random if the title is being handled correctly from kodi to server... also what is the easiest way to download a log from kodi that you would need?

Thank you so much!

Zekeman

Follow this

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/how-to-report-an-issue

And I understand it is random, I mean, when you provide the log capturing an example, let me know the title so I can easily find it in your log. Thanks

Gotcha, sorry was a duh moment.... I should of realized... going to upload a log tonight.

Thanks much!

Zekeman

I'm having the same issue. Almost exactly.

By any chance do you have libraries other than "Movies" or "Television" I had one for 4K and I was messing around and took off 4K and now it seems to be working on the one box. Also though I did do a complete clean install from scratch too. But when I had the 3rd library activated it was giving me the odd behavior again. Maybe try to do only the two libraries.

Just a note my second media box doesn't have the 3rd library installed, but I am going to wipe that one clean to be sure. Ill report back to share my findings on second streaming box.

Angelblue05

Can you update to Emby for Kodi 4.1.16 to see if the issue persists? Otherwise please provide an updated Kodi log. Thank you.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Thanks for the log. I saw for something in your log, looking for a fix. It looks like it associated that episode with young love episode.

• Like 1

Zekeman

@@Angelblue05 thanks but it's doing it to every episode now, not just that one. So odd. Even finished tv shows will come back unwatched from watched via Kodi, I'm assuming because it's not being marked correctly in emby Server.

• Like 1

Zekeman

@@Angelblue05

So I am having the same issue but I think I see what is going on..... I have tested out with four different shows.... it appears for some reason the selected show in kodi does not show the correct show being played in emby server dashboard... As an example I will selected Mork and Mindy and Happy Days will be shown as being played in dashboard (be cause this could of been the last show watched before M&M). Attached is a log of four random shows and each time I would play one of the other 3 shows is displayed in server dashboard (but the correct show is actually being played correctly, via Kodi)

Hope this helps any....

https://paste.kodi.tv/ufebuliyer

Edited by Zekeman
  • Like 1