ET won't Install (Popup Error)

Erik

SikSlayer

Still doesn't work as of 4:30PM EST, I had to get the files from the .zip Loki93 posted to update.

SikSlayer

I use the Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 DNS. I have it set on my router...

Let me take it off and see what happens.

No VPN here either. I use a pihole, but even if I disable it, still doesn’t install. I even manually setup a DNS entry on the computer to my ISP standard DNS and no luck.

No VPN here either. I use a pihole, but even if I disable it, still doesn’t install. I even manually setup a DNS entry on the computer to my ISP standard DNS and no luck.

Do you still have the issue "Error Downloading ..."?

I tried to install emby theater on a fresh windows install and I got this issue also.  I was able to install it by first installing VC++ 2015 runtime.  It appears that setup.exe doesn't trig the install of this runtime engin if it's missing on the computer.

Hope that will help.

• Like 1

Thanks @@rouq

I have not tried doing that as of yet. I was waiting for @@Luke to fix the installer just in case it was a custom VC++ runtime and didn't want to mess it up (I have been using the zip of Github for the moment).

Good to know that it works doing it separately. Thanks again.

Hi, 

Installed  VC++ 2015 runtime as per previous posters findings, did this and rebooted machine but unfortunately got the same error (see screenshot) and below is my new log.

Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Request: {"Operation":"Install","Product":"emby.theater","PackageClass":"Release","Version":{"Major":4,"Minor":0,"Build":-1,"Revision":-1,"MajorRevision":-1,"MinorRevision":-1},"ServiceName":""}

Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Creating install session for emby.theater
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Installing Emby Theater
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Attempting to retrieve latest version of emby.theater
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Getting github releases for MediaBrowser Emby.Theater.Windows minVersion: 1.0.0 level: Release
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Error getting package version: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Version is 3.0
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Downloading Emby Theater version 3.0
Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Error: 0 : Error downloading.  Installation aborting. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Regards,

post-446691-0-88799000-1573208700_thumb.jpg

post-446691-0-32375100-1573208860_thumb.jpg

@@mabooth

Does it work if you manually launch Emby.Theater.Installer.exe?

This installer should be located if a folder similar to this:

C:\Users\"replaceWithUser"\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\0C6AAXMX.558\T2RTOO29.DOH\emby..tion_4a7e04f5a076bc1a_0003.0000_61d6baa893d5170a

Regards

@@rouq

Yes that worked when I ran as administrator, see attachment for exact path in my installation only problem now is the issue with the missing buttons

Regards,

post-446691-0-29818400-1573292118_thumb.jpg

SikSlayer

My copy of the installer is from 3/14/2018, but it worked for me too, and ET v3.10 launched.

5dc6c368c5ff1_20191109.png

raymondjpg

I tried to install emby theater on a fresh windows install and I got this issue also.  I was able to install it by first installing VC++ 2015 runtime.  It appears that setup.exe doesn't trig the install of this runtime engin if it's missing on the computer.

On your suggestion, I was able to install the new version of Theater by running the setup from the appdata folder, but the first step (installation of VC++) exited with an error, and then Theater installed OK. It would appear that the error manifests itself even though VC++ is already installed.

I've seen this error before, and always ignored it. Possibly this time it is causing the whole installation of Theater to fail?

It's the SSL error:

Emby.Theater.Installer.exe Information: 0 : Error getting package version: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Messing with your VC++ install won't make any difference.

As a test, try installing the .net framework 4.7 and see if that allows the installer to run after that.

raymondjpg

It's the SSL error:

Messing with your VC++ install won't make any difference.

Fair enough, but why the error when the Theater installer tries to install VC++ on a system where it is already installed? I would have thought that the VC++ installer would be able to detect a previous install, and just declare that, or preferably exit gracefully without an error.

raymondjpg

As a test, try installing the .net framework 4.7 and see if that allows the installer to run after that.

The installer worked just fine on another PC running Win 10 1903. There was no error this time with the VC++ installer which advised that there was an installation already present (or something to that effect).

This PC with the successful installation reports .NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services installed apart from HTTP Activation.

Tried Theater install again, same error message.

Server install is fine, i cancelled it before it installed. However, it downloads the package successfully it seems (and no error message).

Edited by Erik

Guest asrequested

Also for those running into this, are you able to run the server installer from the same machine?

It appears to run. I obviously didn't let it install, but it fired up just fine.

Edited by Doofus

It appears to run. I obviously didn't let it install, but it fired up just fine.

Did you get to the point of the web interface setup wizard?

That's odd because the installer is the same for the both of them. You're going to the website each time for the latest installer, right? You're not saving a copy of setup.exe, right.