display more media info

prydda

Not sure where this is populated from (skin or addon) but as a feature request, can we have more media info as there is on emby web app. 

Sometimes there is more than one version of same movie, would be nice to see that when you've clicked more info about the movie. 

post-479956-0-98147900-1572114813_thumb.png

post-479956-0-79969200-1572114843_thumb.jpg

TeamB

The main problem is Kodi does not have any concept of multiple streams for an item, you can only set video, audio and subtitle properties for a single media stream, this is in both the Kodi addon and the Kodi skin.

More info about each stream could be added as Item properties in the addon but this would also need to be supported in the skin as well. The alternative is adding a bunch of into the the bottom of the plot as formatted text so any skin would at least be able to display it but this is messy and I think people would complain about it.

I agree it would be awesome to have all the available media streams and all the info available but it is hard to make it consistent for all situations.

yeah would be nice if you only see one movie and when you click it get the option to choose quality instead of sometimes have 4 posters. But yeah seems to be more kodi stuff, content is split in diffrent folders depending on quality aswell.. 

It doesnt need to be cluttered, if it's display at the very bottom, below "cast roll, more like this" where you have source as the attachment nr2 people that don't care about it wouldn't even see it :) 

TeamB

If you have multiple files at different qualities for a movie you can merge them into the one item, then you can select which version you want at playback time.

Its up to the skin div to design their skin how they want it, some want to keep it simple.

I assume they need to be in the same folder for this to work? 

@sualfred 

Is this something you might wanna add as a feature? - More info at the bottom of selected media

Edited by prydda

sualfred

There is no more media info. Kodi is very limited in this regard and that's everything I can return. And as TeamB said, Kodi has no feature for multiple movie versions per item. 

ListItem.VideoCodec	Shows the video codec of the currently selected video (common values: 3iv2, avc1, div2, div3, divx, divx 4, dx50, flv, h264, microsoft, mp42, mp43, mp4v, mpeg1video, mpeg2video, mpg4, rv40, svq1, svq3, theora, vp6f, wmv2, wmv3, wvc1, xvid)	
ListItem.VideoResolution	Shows the resolution of the currently selected video (possible values: 480, 576, 540, 720, 1080, 4K, 8K [Note: v18 addition]). Note that 540 usually means a widescreen format (around 960x540) while 576 means PAL resolutions (normally 720x576), therefore 540 is actually better resolution than 576.	v18
ListItem.VideoAspect	Shows the aspect ratio of the currently selected video (possible values: 1.33, 1.37, 1.66, 1.78, 1.85, 2.20, 2.35, 2.40, 2.55, 2.76)	
ListItem.AudioCodec	Shows the audio codec of the currently selected video (common values: aac, ac3, cook, dca, dtshd_hra, dtshd_ma, eac3, mp1, mp2, mp3, pcm_s16be, pcm_s16le, pcm_u8, truehd, vorbis, wmapro, wmav2)	
ListItem.AudioChannels	Shows the number of audio channels of the currently selected video (possible values: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10)	
ListItem.AudioLanguage	Shows the audio language of the currently selected video (returns an ISO 639-2 three character code, e.g. eng, epo, deu)	
ListItem.SubtitleLanguage	Shows the subtitle language of the currently selected video (returns an ISO 639-2 three character code, e.g. eng, epo, deu)	
ListItem.Property(AudioCodec.[n])	Shows the audio codec of the currently selected video, 'n' defines the number of the audiostream (values: see ListItem.AudioCodec)	
ListItem.Property(AudioChannels.[n])	Shows the number of audio channels of the currently selected video, 'n' defines the number of the audiostream (values: see ListItem.AudioChannels)	
ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.[n])	Shows the audio language of the currently selected video, 'n' defines the number of the audiostream (values: see ListItem.AudioLanguage)	
ListItem.Property(SubtitleLanguage.[n])	Shows the subtitle language of the currently selected video, 'n' defines the number of the subtitle (values: see ListItem.SubtitleLanguage)
Edited by sualfred

TeamB

I assume they need to be in the same folder for this to work?

No they do not have to be int he same folder, you can group version in the main emby web interface by selecting multiple movies and then in the multi selection menu at the top right you can select group versions.

@sualfred 

Is this something you might wanna add as a feature? - More info at the bottom of selected media

The BIG problem here is Kodi does not support it natively, EmbyCon could add a bunch of custom Item properties that the skin could find and use to show this but it would only work with that one skin and only if the addon started adding the custom properties.

That is why I suggested adding the info to the bottom of the plot text, this way any skin would at least be able to show it however it is not elegant and lately all people seam to call out is how in-elegant EmbyCon is so I don't think that would help in the long run.

There is no more media info. Kodi is very limited in this regard and that's everything I can return. And as TeamB said, Kodi has no feature for multiple movie versions per item. 

ListItem.VideoCodec	Shows the video codec of the currently selected video (common values: 3iv2, avc1, div2, div3, divx, divx 4, dx50, flv, h264, microsoft, mp42, mp43, mp4v, mpeg1video, mpeg2video, mpg4, rv40, svq1, svq3, theora, vp6f, wmv2, wmv3, wvc1, xvid)	
ListItem.VideoResolution	Shows the resolution of the currently selected video (possible values: 480, 576, 540, 720, 1080, 4K, 8K [Note: v18 addition]). Note that 540 usually means a widescreen format (around 960x540) while 576 means PAL resolutions (normally 720x576), therefore 540 is actually better resolution than 576.	v18
ListItem.VideoAspect	Shows the aspect ratio of the currently selected video (possible values: 1.33, 1.37, 1.66, 1.78, 1.85, 2.20, 2.35, 2.40, 2.55, 2.76)	
ListItem.AudioCodec	Shows the audio codec of the currently selected video (common values: aac, ac3, cook, dca, dtshd_hra, dtshd_ma, eac3, mp1, mp2, mp3, pcm_s16be, pcm_s16le, pcm_u8, truehd, vorbis, wmapro, wmav2)	
ListItem.AudioChannels	Shows the number of audio channels of the currently selected video (possible values: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10)	
ListItem.AudioLanguage	Shows the audio language of the currently selected video (returns an ISO 639-2 three character code, e.g. eng, epo, deu)	
ListItem.SubtitleLanguage	Shows the subtitle language of the currently selected video (returns an ISO 639-2 three character code, e.g. eng, epo, deu)	
ListItem.Property(AudioCodec.[n])	Shows the audio codec of the currently selected video, 'n' defines the number of the audiostream (values: see ListItem.AudioCodec)	
ListItem.Property(AudioChannels.[n])	Shows the number of audio channels of the currently selected video, 'n' defines the number of the audiostream (values: see ListItem.AudioChannels)	
ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.[n])	Shows the audio language of the currently selected video, 'n' defines the number of the audiostream (values: see ListItem.AudioLanguage)	
ListItem.Property(SubtitleLanguage.[n])	Shows the subtitle language of the currently selected video, 'n' defines the number of the subtitle (values: see ListItem.SubtitleLanguage)

Damn you kodi, hope they will enable more info in a future releases. 

No they do not have to be int he same folder, you can group version in the main emby web interface by selecting multiple movies and then in the multi selection menu at the top right you can select group versions.

The BIG problem here is Kodi does not support it natively, EmbyCon could add a bunch of custom Item properties that the skin could find and use to show this but it would only work with that one skin and only if the addon started adding the custom properties.

That is why I suggested adding the info to the bottom of the plot text, this way any skin would at least be able to show it however it is not elegant and lately all people seam to call out is how in-elegant EmbyCon is so I don't think that would help in the long run.

alright, I guess I've to play the movie and check stats for nerd option, doesn't happend to often just it would be a nice feature. 

Edited by prydda