Questions about Sync / Download To...

Natilus13

Natilus13

My apologies if these have been addressed elswhere. I had been looking through the forums but had not been able to come up with any answers.

I started playing with the folder and cloud sync the other day, and so far I am quite impressed by it. The cloud sync I am finding quite handy. The only issue I have noticed so far is that when a TV episode or movie that I have synced is watched, it will then delete that file from my Google Drive, but leave the folder structure in place. This is going to quickly lead to a lot of empty folders that I manually will need to remove.

One other thing that surprised me, when I selected sync.. I was presented the option to not only select the two Goolge Drive accounts that I had connected, but also every other device that has ever connected to my server!

At first I thought maybe it was because I was using an admin account, but when I switched to a standard account, I was still presented with the same option. Is there a way to turn this off? I really don't want user A to have the ability to "sync" content to user B's iPad.

Going through settings, I see that I can easily configure cloud storage accounts to only be accesible by particular users. I would have thought that I (as the admin) would have the same option for devices. Better yet, the account owners of those devices should be the only ones who can sync to them. Perhaps there is a way to configure this and I am just missing it?

Another issue I've run into, I've found my Pixelbook listed twice under the list of devices I can use for syncing. I am not sure why this is, or how to go about removing it. As of right now, I can succesfully sync using one of them, but the other will cause the sync status to remain in a pending status. I did have to do a factory reset on my Pixelbook once, and then also switched to the beta channel of Chrome OS. Perhaps after that, emby then saw the device as a new one when I connected?

Anyone else have any thoughts or insights on any of these things?

Thanks,
N