Black screen on videos during playback but audio works?

NightwingDG

Did you guys find anything with this issue?

Have further noticed it happening when the episode transitions to the next one on completion, but weirdly, not if I return to the menu screen and then open the next menu manually.

Edited by tOLJY

• 3 weeks later...
tOLJY

I have tried to export the log from my TV but seems that I'm unable to use the share function to share it to my file explorer app. Are you able to introduce a download for the log or a share with support action directly in the app? I don't think I'll be able to get this log to you guys any other way. M

On 1/11/2024 at 7:19 AM, tOLJY said:

I have tried to export the log from my TV but seems that I'm unable to use the share function to share it to my file explorer app. Are you able to introduce a download for the log or a share with support action directly in the app? I don't think I'll be able to get this log to you guys any other way. M

What happens with the sharing function?

tOLJY

Comes up with the overlay to share

Has an option for my file explorer app at the bottom but seems like everything else is half rendered/not at all

Clicking the share to file explorer does nothing at all

• 2 weeks later...
tOLJY

@LukeHi, I'd really like to be able to get some support on this one. It's becoming really annoying with these video issues.

Is there any way I can get the logs to you guys? Is there a new update coming out which fixes the sharing function from a TV? TV is TCL google tv if it's important.

Ive also noticed certain British shows have a half second black screen stutter in them for which I'd love to provide you guys logs.

I'm happy to send a picture/video through of what I'm seeing if it can help. Whatever you need.

Edited by tOLJY
Tagging

What version of the app are you trying? And this only happens when leaving the app and coming back?

tOLJY

Using 3.3.62

The exact opposite actually

When playing more than one episode in a row, the subsequent episode will show a black screen. It is only on full exit of the app and starting again is it resolved.

The stuttering happens in all instances for that media and I should probably raise that in another topic - but is limited the same as this is by the issue with getting the logs.

On 1/26/2024 at 10:57 PM, tOLJY said:

When playing more than one episode in a row, the subsequent episode will show a black screen.

Hi, can you please try the latest sideload build and let us know if this is resolved?

tOLJY

No change

Might actually be worse now as it looks like it's also affecting x264 content now

On build 62, my test was play show a, episode 1 through to episode 2. A is x264. Finished 1, 2 started playing with no issue. Navigate to show b which is x265, black screen. 

On 64, after playing A1, went immediately into A2 as a black screen. Navigated to show b and it too is a black screen.

Resolves once app is fully exited. Almost like you get once chance for playback per reboot.

On 64, after playing A1, went immediately into A2 as a black screen. Navigated to show b and it too is a black screen.

Can you please describe each of those steps in more detail? Thanks.

tOLJY

Played show a (x264), episode 1. Watched it to the end. It automatically started playing the next episode, which worked without issue on 62, gave me a black screen with audio on 64. 62 also did this but with x265 content only.

Without closing the app, after playing show a, went to show b (x265). On both 62 and 64, got a black screen with audio 

If I fully exit emby and then go to play either of those shows first, they work without issue.

Perhaps the next build can fix the issue with getting logs from the app and then I can provide you a client log?

Can you please try the latest build again (3.3.65) and see if that helps? Thanks.

tOLJY

Seems this one did the trick for ne

Tested with the same shows/episodes as previously and they display correctly.

I will keep an eye on it in case it happens again with other content.

Thanks heaps guys!

• Thanks 1

tOLJY

Upon further testing, playing episodes one after another seems to be resolved for sure

But going from one app to another and back causes it still. Emby needs to be fully exited in order for it to work again. So seems like all cases where the app is put to the background, either screensaver or sleep or opening another app in the foreground causes the issue 

• Thanks 1