Black screen on videos during playback but audio works?

NightwingDG

NightwingDG

Using the Emby App on my Android version 5.0. Emby app is 3.0.82. Audio works fine during playback but video is black. This happens on all movies and tv shows. Could it be a transcoding issue? Everything there is the default settings, I don't think I changed anything there. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
NightwingDG

I tried it and it's still present. Audio works but no video. Played around with the quality resolutions and still no change.

The ffmpeg log looks like it came from the web app and not the android app. Are you sure that's the right one?

NightwingDG

The ffmpeg log looks like it came from the web app and not the android app. Are you sure that's the right one?

Yeah, I got both logs from the web app. It wouldn't show up there? How do I get it from the android app?

Please play again from the android app, then attach the emby server and ffmpeg logs that were modified during the time that you did that. Thanks.

NightwingDG

I'm seeing a lot of "Profile not supported" "Codec not supported" "Resolution not supported"  errors in the hardware detection logs that I'm assuming is for the Android mobile.

• 3 weeks later...
NightwingDG

Please play again from the android app, then attach the emby server and ffmpeg logs that were modified during the time that you did that. Thanks.

Luke, were you able to figure out the issue in the logs? 

I'm seeing a lot of "Profile not supported" "Codec not supported" "Resolution not supported"  errors in the hardware detection logs that I'm assuming is for the Android mobile.

These are not errors, this is just information. Why do you feel they're errors?

NightwingDG

These are not errors, this is just information. Why do you feel they're errors?

Ok. I thought it might be the reason why the videos aren't playing correctly. Maybe it was black because the resolution/codec is not supported even though the audio works fine.

I'll test if the beta app fixes the issue. Thanks!

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Bazzu85 said:

Hi @Luke.

Found this thread and I have the same problem.

black screen and audio working with direct play.

choosing to trascode during play the video shows..

Screenshot_20201129_142417.jpg

Screenshot_20201129_142402.jpg

Can you provide a sample video for testing? Thanks.

21 hours ago, fewpeople said:

i get this same error on my chromebook

Hi there, can you provide a sample video for testing? Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/25/2023 at 2:43 PM, gjames50 said:

I'm having this issue with remote users, transcoding auto bitrate. If they switch to a lower bitrate, they can see the video. You wanted a sample video file to test with. I'm attaching a link for one you can test with. https://drive.google.com/file/d/17joT95lrxyDHznqpatDZbM8oqKrevUyd/view?usp=sharing

I can keep this link up for a week or so.

@gjames50are you still having an issue with this using the latest  update to Emby for Android?

Weirdly I've just got a new TCL google tv and sideloaded the latest Android version of emby yesterday and noticed that if I'm playing a stream and then go directly to another app like YouTube through the remote control or some other means I get a back screen until I fully exit emby and start again

I think it happens as well if I pause and leave the tv alone for a while, coming back to emby after some time with the player paused sems to cause it as well

Havent had it on any other versions before now

16 hours ago, tOLJY said:

Weirdly I've just got a new TCL google tv and sideloaded the latest Android version of emby yesterday and noticed that if I'm playing a stream and then go directly to another app like YouTube through the remote control or some other means I get a back screen until I fully exit emby and start again

I think it happens as well if I pause and leave the tv alone for a while, coming back to emby after some time with the player paused sems to cause it as well

Havent had it on any other versions before now

Hi, we’ll take a look at that. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1