Auto-sync/Expansion of Sync primarily for Music

BloodyIron

BloodyIron

The way sync/download works quite well right now for video media within Emby. However, it does not work very well for Music/audio only media.

Sure, you can sync/download albums or individual songs in advance, but I think the way sync works should be expanded to provide a richer experience for those wanting to experience music/audio media.

For the sake of sanity, assume when I say Music or Audio, that they are interchangeable here. I want this to be relevant to Music, Audio books, and any other audio centric media one could use. Also, this is primarily scoped for Android/iOS purpose, but maybe it's useful for other areas too, dunno.

First, auto sync

When playing music, the player only buffers a little bit ahead. However, I would love to see that it starts actually downloading the whole song to your (mobile) device. Furthermore, it then continues to download additional songs you have in your playlist/queue (be it an album or individual songs), to your device. This makes it so that you can continue to listen to the media even if your internet is intermittent or varied (while driving for example, or walking through buildings).

These downloaded songs should stay on your device unless deleted through other means (manual or suggestion below).

Second, settings (wifi/cellular options)

We should add some settings to be relevant to the auto sync as described above. Make it so you can have different settings whether you're on Cellular internet or Wifi internet. Settings such as # of songs to auto sync (1,2,3,4,5,...., unlimited), #GB/#MB of data to keep (audio centric or otherwise), audio quality (maybe transcode here or not? also consider FLAC/MP3/other), whether these audio files should be accessible to other apps on the phone.

Please? :)

BloodyIron

Yay! I really want to switch away from Subsonic to Emby for all my music :)

Hi, yes this is something I'd like to do in the future. Thanks.