Android Tv app not working behind Reverse Proxy

nicox
Go to solution Solved by nicox,

Hello,

I recently setup a reverse proxy to access emby.

Everything is working fine : I can access through the WAN using https://mydomain.com/ to emby.

However, when I'm using the Android TV app, it is not working. I have no error message so the debuging is difficult.

What I can see is that the network part is working great (SYN SYN ACK and PUSH are correctly sent and received).

The most suprising part is that using the web browser on the Android TV is working correctly, but you know, since the app is closed source I can do that much.

Can someone help me on this one ? Since it is working correctly on the web browser, I don't see any reason it doesn't work on the app.

PS: I use IPV6

• Solution

I managed to make it works.

The key thing is to have a proper certificate configured on the reverse proxy (in my case haproxy). So I think it is not allowed to have a self signed certificate (saw that in another post). So I use a let's encrypt certificate.

You must send a certificate with the fullchain.

In my haproxy configuration, I created the certificate concatenating cert.pem and privkey.pem. You should use the full chain instead :

cat /etc/letsencrypt/live/yourdomain/fullchain.pem /etc/letsencrypt/live/yourdomain/privkey.pem > /etc/haproxy/cert/yourdomain.pem

Using this resolved my issue with the Android TV App.

I still don't know why it was working correctly with everytings else but the Android TV app...

Edited by nicox
  • Like 1