E-mail notifications

zimny
Go to solution Solved by TeamB,

Hi

Is there a way to send combine email notification for new content instead of one email per every new content?

I mean for example if I add 30 movies per 24 then can this info be included in one bulk email send per day?

For now every new content update trigger one email notification which can be not convenient when adding a lot of content per day.

Hi

Thanks for reply. Go through all setup for this plugin and can't find the way to notify users about new media through it.

Looks like plugin is notifying only it's own statistics.

Can you advise how I can notify users???

Regarding the email plugin and the core notifications, there is currently no way to configure what you're asking for. Thanks.

• Solution
TeamB

Once you have the Playback reporting plugin installed set up the Notifications in Emby under the notifications menu in Emby.

On the Notifications setting page look for the "Playback Reporting" section and enable the "New Media Report" notification and set up your preferred notification action, in your case email.

On the Scheduled Tasks setup page in Emby check the "Playback Reporting" "New Media Notification" schedule is configured to run.

Edited by TeamB
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
sundevil67

This seems like it contradicts what I understand the description of this setting to mean... Is this not how I'd set it up to send an email to certain users when new content has been added to the server?

5df51cb8cb7c6_notification_pref.jpg

Regarding the email plugin and the core notifications, there is currently no way to configure what you're asking for. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
artstar

This seems like it contradicts what I understand the description of this setting to mean... Is this not how I'd set it up to send an email to certain users when new content has been added to the server?

It is but it's not as elegant as the solution you see highlighted in green in this thread.

Luke has stated that for what the original post wants to achieve (all new media additions being condensed into a single email), Emby itself will not do that out of the box. Instead, Emby itself will continue to send one notification per media file. I have switched that notification off to prevent this from happening.

The solution that TeamB posted with regard to using the Playback Reporting plugin instead is absolutely awesome and exactly what I was looking to do as well. The biggest problem with the one email per media file method is that when using an external mail server that has anti-spam protections built-in, if too many emails are received in a certain timeframe, you end up getting blocked under the suspicion of spamming. This is a really big issue when moving a large number of audio files around on your storage, where they get re-scanned in the library and are seen as new media again, at least according to the Notifications.

Thanks TeamB! You saved the day mate!

Edited by artstar

Another more general approach is to use our Webhooks feature to integrate with something like Zapier of IFTTT. Emby Webhooks will notify those services and then you can process them however you like based on what those services support.

artstar

My paranoia tells me it's just another type of service that can use your data as they please, hence why I prefer to keep my data to myself.

You could also write your own standalone app to receive notifications from webhooks and then do whatever you like with them.

artstar

Hah. If only my skills extended beyond writing firmware for an FPGA or PIC in languages not used outside of those realms. :)

I'll leave that to the dudes way smarter than I.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
Flade

Bonjour à tous, je remonte le sujet. Je souhaiterai modifier le corps de l'email avec les nouveaux médias, où sont stockés les fichiers de l'extension ?

Merci.

Emby 4.8.3.0

Windows Serveur 2022

3 hours ago, Flade said:

Bonjour à tous, je remonte le sujet. Je souhaiterai modifier le corps de l'email avec les nouveaux médias, où sont stockés les fichiers de l'extension ?

Merci.

Emby 4.8.3.0

Windows Serveur 2022

Hi, what do you want to change about the body?

Flade

La présentation et surtout le mettre en français :), pourquoi pas essayer d'y intégrer des images.

HI, what would you change to French?