5 replies to this topic

#1 spiffman192 OFFLINE  

spiffman192

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 09:05 AM

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:40 AM

All,

I'm trying to reduce surface area and limit access from my Theater (v3.0.6) to the outside world. However, when I block all access on my firewall, I'm unable to start shows and receive the following message:

5d96da16c30d6_playbackerror.png

First off, I know that guy...he's a schmuck.  Second off, the account is set to unlimited concurrent streams, and I have a lifetime premium license. I'm running Beta Server 4.3.0.11.

When I open the machine back up on the firewall, everything is happy. So...what gives? Ultimately, if you just let me know what I need to open on the firewall / web filter, I'm happy.

Thanks in advance!

ed: The same is observed in the web client as well.

Edited by spiffman192, 04 October 2019 - 02:35 AM.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138211 posts
  • Local time: 12:05 PM

Posted 07 October 2019 - 12:34 AM

Hi, please attach the emby server log. t hanks.

#3 spiffman192 OFFLINE  

spiffman192

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 09:05 AM

Posted 08 October 2019 - 12:59 AM

I think I figured out the issue. I have an access schedule on the used account that was getting in the way. When I removed the access schedule, everything seemed to function. I'll do some more testing to see fully verify the issue is resolved. I will say the message is pretty misleading. Maybe something that is more meaningful?

Thanks Luke!

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138211 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:21 AM

Yes that would make sense. Thanks for the feedback.

#5 Sigogglin OFFLINE  

Sigogglin

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:43 PM

I've a follow up on this.  I live in the boonies and my internet drops quite often.  Will I still be able to play my videos/tv/media on my LAN if the internet goes out for a couple days?  I've had issues in the past where Plex won't let me access my media because it can't phone home.

It usually isn't down for more than a couple days at a time if that matters.

thanks

david

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138211 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:45 PM

I've a follow up on this.  I live in the boonies and my internet drops quite often.  Will I still be able to play my videos/tv/media on my LAN if the internet goes out for a couple days?  I've had issues in the past where Plex won't let me access my media because it can't phone home.

It usually isn't down for more than a couple days at a time if that matters.

thanks

david

Hi, yes you'll be fine, and it turns out this topic was not related to internet access. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users